Liberty Cabin # 1404 aft. How is it?

My dh, dd and I are staying in cabin # 1404 on Liberty in Nov. It is an aft cabin on the 10th floor. Anyone stayed there? Is the veranda any bigger than the typical D1?

We upgraded from an E1 midship and I'm hoping that I didn't make a mistake.

In any case, were excited about our trip and I'm sure it will be great regardless. Its our first time on RCCL. Only been on Celebrity in the past, but now with our 6 year-old RCCL seems like a better fit.

TIA for your help,

Cheryl R.

My dh, dd and I are staying in cabin # 1404 on Liberty in Nov. It is an aft cabin on the 10th floor. Anyone stayed there? Is the veranda any bigger than the typical D1?

We upgraded from an E1 midship and I'm hoping that I didn't make a mistake.

In any case, were excited about our trip and I'm sure it will be great regardless. Its our first time on RCCL. Only been on Celebrity in the past, but now with our 6 year-old RCCL seems like a better fit.

TIA for your help,

Cheryl R.

Cabin 1404 is a PRIMO cabin. You have won the "cabin sweepstakes".

Yes, while your cabin will be the same size as any other D1 cabin, your balcony will be MUCH larger.

The aft section of a Freedom class ship is identical to the aft section of a Voyager class ship. 1404 is equivalent to 1392/1692.

Here are some pictures of that cabin:

The linens in your cabin will be nicer (they have been updated), but this gives you a sense of the cabin size -

1054368204036355651S600x600Q85.jpg

More importantly, here is your oversized balcony:

1048328282036355651S600x600Q85.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
We too switched from a hump to 1704 on the Freedom. Now my only concern - does anyone know if it will be noisy since it is right under the windjammer.

No, we had no noise from the windjammer. We had the JS neighbor to this cabin on Indy. And let me tell you, it SPOILED all other cabins for me. I never want to go anywhere else. ;)

Yes, it's a nice little walk back. But it's QUIET. So nice and quiet. We felt a little bit of a vibration at night. Not enough to be bothersome. I just knew it was there and different from our other cabins.

We spent so much time out there on that balcony. We would come back from dinner and I would look at my husband and say "Wanna see a show?" - nope, let's just stay here. We watched the water. Looked at the moonlight. Had an actual conversation...lol (which doesn't happen with children)

I agree with Carol - they are the balcony cabin jackpots.

Thanks Michele feel better about the switch now. But still thinking about the Ruby Princess. Would like to hear back from you about Carnival. I have sailed for years on RC and watched the quality of food go down, service is still okay but I do love their ships. Just don't want to make a mistake switching but with all the changes and now the higher interest rate on RCCL visa loyalty is going by the wayside.

Judy

No noise from the Windjammer when I was recently in 1700. And, I'm with Michelle - I didn't want to leave the balcony either. I actually had tears in my eyes when we sailed into port.

Any pictures? - we are in 1700 on Freedom is August - I quite think we hit the jackpot - the Loyalty Ambassador told us that this was a much sought after cabin - we didn't really believe her - but now I am sold!

We didn't get any noise from Windjammer. My kid did love going the Windjammer and trying to find the exact right spot to stand over our cabin - specifically our balcony, our bed, and - my four year old's favorite - our toilet!

My only "complaint" (though it's not even really a complaint) was that we didn't get nearly as much sun as I would have liked. We were pretty much shaded the entire time. But, my husband loved that aspect.

• 9 years later...