Need Answers re: Miracle Cruise / Fort Lauderdale questions

Ykgorbie

We are booked on our 2nd cruise, 8 day Southern Caribbean on the Miracle on Jan.8/09. I contacted Carnival's "Deviation Department" today and they faxed me the Deviation Request Form....we live a kazillion (lol) miles from Fort Lauderdale (ok, not quite a kazillion, but we DO reside 1000 miles north of Edmonton!), so we're thinking of extending our holiday once our cruise is over. A couple of questions if anyone can help:

1) Does anyone know what hotel Carnival will likely put

us up in since we're flying from Edmonton to Fort Lauderdale?

2) In people's past experiences, is this usually in Miami or Fort Lauderdale if we're cruising out of Port Everglades ?

3) If we hang around Fort Lauderdale for 2-3 days after our cruise, does anyone recommend a particular area of Fort Lauderdale to stay in ? We won't be renting a vehicle so want an area that is good for walking around and seeing things....a bit of beach, a bit of shopping, a bit of sight-seeing, in a nice" neighborhood....don't know if we're allowed to name specific hotels, but if so, that would be appreciated.

4) Does anyone know if we can put money on our sail and sign account ahead of time ?

Thank you everybody! These board are amazing ;)

I can answer questions two and four -

Port Everglades is Ft. Ldale

Yes you can put money on your S&S card before your cruise...you can use Funship Dollars - I think you can buy them online from Bon Voyage

Sorry I couldn't help with the others, but I'm sure someone else can...have fun.

I picked the after package a couple of years ago when I stayed over in Ft. Lauderdale after a cruise. Carnival picked the Fort Lauderdale Grande for us to stay in, and it was fabulous. They had a free shuttle to the beach, and the hotel itself was wonderful, beautiful grounds, huge pool, good food. LOL We liked it so much, that when we go back in February for our next cruise we are going to stay at the Fort Lauderdale Grande once again. Its also in a nice area of town, about a mile from the port.

Hope that helps,

Kristin

Archived