Price Reductions

tamarara65

I have seen today that our cruise 9/20 on the spirit has been reduced drastically in price. We have booked a BA gty. What is the likelyhood of being upgraded due to the decrease in rate? NCL said I have to contact my TA. That they could not help me.

as you get closer to sailing time, and past final payment. they have sales for new bookings only. Most of the time it means you are out of luck but it never hurts to ask because sometimes they do do something for you. Also when you have a TA its the TA that must call....not you.

While the cabin may be cheaper than you paid, it also may be less desirable as to deck location, etc. By buying early you get a much better choice of inventory. We are going to Bermuda May of 09, but we booked a couple of weeks ago when NCL had an "upgrade sale" and we got a superior ov cabin of our choice deck and side of ship. On another forum we learned that if you have an even number cabin when the ship is docked at St. George you will be able to see the town when you wake up in morning or see lights at night before bedtime.

While most cruiselines won't give you the reduced pricing, a "trick" we have used in the past is "upgrade" our cabin at a very reduced price.

The first time we did saw a huge price drop on our cruise, our TA told us we couldn't get the lower pricing but he would try. He came back to us with this upgrade option. We now do it all the time, and usually wind up with a very nice upgrade for not a lot of $$

I have seen today that our cruise 9/20 on the spirit has been reduced drastically in price. We have booked a BA gty. What is the likelyhood of being upgraded due to the decrease in rate? NCL said I have to contact my TA. That they could not help me.

Booked the 9/14 cruise to Canada on the Dawn a week ago. The promotion was 50% off second passenger..and guess what?? Now the promotion has ended--but when friends decided to book the same category WITHOUT the 50% off the second passenger, they got the SAME PRICE. We are all Latitudes platinum..discouraging...I am not sure any of these "promotions" are legitimate....

Ericktina

Same thing here on the Spirit. Told receiving 50% 2nd person,

Checked NCl website, prices are now 250.00 less on internet TA websites,

two days after I booked and paid. PMO. I also researched prices prior to booking, ---Live and learn.

Booked the 9/14 cruise to Canada on the Dawn a week ago. The promotion was 50% off second passenger..and guess what?? Now the promotion has ended--but when friends decided to book the same category WITHOUT the 50% off the second passenger, they got the SAME PRICE. We are all Latitudes platinum..discouraging...I am not sure any of these "promotions" are legitimate....

Archived