Great Seattle hotel...not the cheapest...

murphysmum

Hello...

I'll be spending a few days in Seattle for a conference at the Convention Center and pre-stay before sailing to Alaska. Will probably stay at least one night after cruise as well.

I'd like a view of the Bay, great bed with nice white linens, room service, and prefer period or traditional furniture over very modern...but will be swayed for a really great hotel without the traditional flair. I'd like to be able to walk back and forth several times a day from the Convention Center.

I think that I'll stay at Inn at the Market for return...It looks nice and has great views. However, it's hard to tell from Trip Advisor what the really special hotels (or hotel) are adjacent to the Convention Center.

Comfort, view and pampering are more important than cost for this trip. Would someone who lives or spends a great deal of time in Seattle give me some suggestions?

Thanks so much!

murphysmum;)

Hello...

I'll be spending a few days in Seattle for a conference at the Convention Center and pre-stay before sailing to Alaska. Will probably stay at least one night after cruise as well.

I'd like a view of the Bay, great bed with nice white linens, room service, and prefer period or traditional furniture over very modern...but will be swayed for a really great hotel without the traditional flair. I'd like to be able to walk back and forth several times a day from the Convention Center.

I think that I'll stay at Inn at the Market for return...It looks nice and has great views. However, it's hard to tell from Trip Advisor what the really special hotels (or hotel) are adjacent to the Convention Center.

Comfort, view and pampering are more important than cost for this trip. Would someone who lives or spends a great deal of time in Seattle give me some suggestions?

Thanks so much!

murphysmum;)

The Fairmont.....hands down. And it IS well within walking distance to the convention center (about 4-5 average blocks, mostly on flat ground, only slightly uphill).

The Hyatt is about as close to the Convention Center as the Olympic. Might be a bit modern for your tastes, but not one of our business colleagues who've stayed there (a pretty big number) has ever had the slightest complaint. Very classy operation. If you stay at the Inn at the Market, be sure you get a west-facing (water) room and not one facing the trafficky street.

Hello...

Thank you both for great hotel ideas! I've googled the Fairmont and the Hyatt and would be very happy in either place.

I'm skipping the Inn at the Market and staying at the Hyatt beginning of trip and Fairmont end of trip. I don't have to choose!

Very best....

murphysmum;)

Hello...

Thank you both for great hotel ideas! I've googled the Fairmont and the Hyatt and would be very happy in either place.

I'm skipping the Inn at the Market and staying at the Hyatt beginning of trip and Fairmont end of trip. I don't have to choose!

Very best....

murphysmum;)

You're very welcome. Enjoy.

When we checked in at the Fairmont I reqested a bay view room. They said that since that tall building was built in front of them, they now have no waterveiw rooms. To my surprise, we had a partial bay view between two buildings. It was good enough for me. The room had antigues in it, comfortable bed with beautiful white linens. We wish we had more time to spend there!

I know that the Warwick is not as nice, but..... we plan to spend two nights prior to May 09 cruise. How close is the Warwick from the Pike Market and is this a strenuous walk?? Is the Warwick ok?? Thanks for any advice.:confused:

The Warwick is at 4th and Lenora, the Market at 1st and Pike. It is about 3 blocks west and 3 blocks south from the Warwick. It is downhill there, uphill back.

The Warwick is an older property, but all right.

I know that the Warwick is not as nice, but..... we plan to spend two nights prior to May 09 cruise. How close is the Warwick from the Pike Market and is this a strenuous walk?? Is the Warwick ok?? Thanks for any advice.:confused:

I stayed there last year and like Karen said it is a older hotel, but OK. The walk to Pikes wasn't bad at all. We also got a bite to eat across the st at Ralph's.

Enjoy your time in Seattle. I so can't wait to be there on the 11th for 2 days before our next Alaskan Cruise.........:)

I stayed there last year and like Karen said it is a older hotel, but OK. The walk to Pikes wasn't bad at all. We also got a bite to eat across the st at Ralph's.

Enjoy your time in Seattle. I so can't wait to be there on the 11th for 2 days before our next Alaskan Cruise.........:)

Well, Becky, so far the weather is holding out. Showers but no more monsoons. It is likely to be coolish to moderately warm (in the mid-60's more or less) by the time you get here, so shouldn't be too bad for outdoor activities.

Archived