Has anyone been able to change the "Meet and Mingle" time?

Alexis

Back in July on the AOS, our Meet & Mingle was scheduled for the hour just before the Captains cocktail party for main seating diners. Realizing that that would be the time that half our group would be getting ready for formal night, we asked Laura S if she could request a change for us. She was great...got back to us within a day and told us the time was changed to an hour earlier (which is exactly what we wanted). However, once we got on board, the invitations still had the original time on them. A couple of us spoke to several people at the pursers desk and they said it wasn't up to them (and kind of brushed us off). But we're all still thinking, maybe they just forgot to change the time on the invite. So, we all show up at the earlier hour but the RCCL representative didn't show up until the original time.

And to top it off, most of us didn't even receive the invitation. Luckily we had an "unofficial" meet and mingle on the first day, so we all got to meet each other then.

So...good luck with getting your time changed.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I posted this thread and I read all the great advice from everyone and emailed RCCL at Xplora@rccl.com.

I have since emailed RCCL 3 times and I have not received any kind of an answer. On my last email, I asked very nicely if they could at least email that they received my request for a time change.

Still nothing. :(

Time is running out before we cruise, so today I sent a letter to Richard Fain at richardfain@rccl.com and I included my original letter to Xplora@rccl.com. I told Mr. Fain that from what I have been reading on the Cruise Critic boards, that RCCL is having these Meet and Mingles at times that are really inconvenient for the members of the Cruise Critic Roll Calls. I asked if someone could look into this request for us because after three emails to RCCL they do not respond.

I explained that of all the people who responded about the time on the Roll Call, 0 (zero) will be attending the Meet and Mingle Party at the time they have on the schedule because of tours and other arrangements..

I am still trying and will not give up until they at least give us an answer. Good, or bad.

Have you tried contacting Laura S (Community Manager) here at Cruise Critic Message Boards? She got our meet & mingle changed for us. Well...at least she thought she did. Once on board it wasn't changed, but as far as she knew RCCL changed it for us. I know she did her best, and I blame the staff on AOS for the confusion on our M&M.

We finally received an answer from RCCL, After 5 emails, this is the reply.

I just posted this on our Roll Call. :(

Important, Please read the below email.

__________________________________________________ ____________

From: Xplora@rccl.com arrow_right_whitebg.gif arrow_right_whitebg.gifTo: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Subject: Re: Meet and Mingle time change.

Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 15:34:42 +0000

c0.gif

Hello-

Unfortunately our ship is not able to change this

meet and mingle partytime.

We appreciate your understanding.

Best regards,XPLORA@RCCL.COM

Let's GET OUT THERE!

__________________________________________________ ________

Well, it does not surprise me that RCCL will not change it.

I have read that on here more times than not lately.

They seem set in their ways to hold these free parties when there will be nobody on the ship. I guess it is cheaper that way?

Well, it is a shame to try and plan a get together for a year

in advance only to find out it going to be a semi flop.

If you read a lot of the roll calls, people are having a problem

just getting people to sign up.

We tried. :o

[quote name=Alexis

......Well, it does not surprise me that RCCL will not change it.

I have read that on here more times than not lately.

They seem set in their ways to hold these free parties when there will be nobody on the ship. I guess it is cheaper that way?

Well, it is a shame to try and plan a get together for a year

in advance only to find out it going to be a semi flop.

If you read a lot of the roll calls, people are having a problem

just getting people to sign up.

We tried. :o

I gotta tell ya...I wasn't all that impressed with our meet & mingle anyway, so I don't think you will miss much. As far as cheaper....I don't see how it makes a difference. Its not like they give you free alcoholic drinks. They put out some juice or punch and some small appetizers (in our case all had was little cracker type things with shrimp, or crap, or some sort of seafood, that I didn't like anyway). They have no way of knowing how many will actually show up, so they will have to put out the same amount of food & drink, whether 5 or 25 show up because they don't require you to RSVP. I think they just pick a time that is convienent for them.

Like I said...I was not impressed with the meet & mingle. I'm just glad our group met before hand at our "unofficial meet & mingle". We all picked a time that was more convienent for all of us and we met at the pool bar.

We just got notice of our M&M time/date change. We leave next Sat. and they originally had us set to meet mid week....Tooooo. We are now scheduled on Sunday 11:15 to 12:15. We have a group of arund 70 on this cruise so far with over 1000 posts on the cc M&M board. That may have helped.

Our notice came from Explora. Good Luck

Archived