Getting confused. Simply want the best beach.

Chrispmoto

Taxis tend to wait to get individuals and groups going in the same direction before heading off. Not sure if they collect payment first or after they get you where you are going. Whether you get dropped first or second... depends on whether they get people going to someplace on the way to where you are going.

When you get a taxi to take you back from Emerald, there isn't going to be the huge number of potential passengers like there is at the cruise ship dock so the taxi will likely depart right away, or might wait a little bit and look along the beach to see if there is anyone else leaving and ask if they need a taxi.

If you wanted a private taxi the taxi rate chart has listed: "Within Town Limits: $55 for 1-4 passengers, (5 or more passengers add $7 for each additional person)."

--Islander

Wow that's expensive. I'm just thinking what if someone is in a hurry, has to use the bathroom or is sick...they'd want to get back QUICK!

I still have no NO idea what to do with four ships in port. The other beaches will be mobbed and the traffic even worse than from Emerald. I thought of the Paradise tram but then heard it's so hot inside... :o

Thanks for your help.

Wow that's expensive. I'm just thinking what if someone is in a hurry, has to use the bathroom or is sick...they'd want to get back QUICK!

I still have no NO idea what to do with four ships in port. The other beaches will be mobbed and the traffic even worse than from Emerald. I thought of the Paradise tram but then heard it's so hot inside... :o

Thanks for your help.

If four ships in port is an overload, how will three ships in port be? We will be in St. Thomas in mid-October on the Disney Magic, along with the Carnival Triumph and the Mariner of the seas for a max capacity of 9,762. What kind of impact will that have on the popular beaches lke Magen's Bay on St. Thomas and Trunk Bay on St. Johns?

gometros - Magens is a popular beach choice for cruise passengers so more ships means more people there. Ditto for Trunk Bay. Both are long beaches in comparison to other beaches on the islands and can accommodate a good bit of beach goers. People usually grab a spot close to where the taxi drop passengers at Magens, which is also where the concession/food/drink is and at Trunk where the main paths lead. If you walk left or right along the beach the crowds tend to thin out. 3-4 ships is a medium ship day for St. Thomas.

--Islander

gometros - Magens is a popular beach choice for cruise passengers so more ships means more people there. Ditto for Trunk Bay. Both are long beaches in comparison to other beaches on the islands and can accommodate a good bit of beach goers. People usually grab a spot close to where the taxi drop passengers at Magens, which is also where the concession/food/drink is and at Trunk where the main paths lead. If you walk left or right along the beach the crowds tend to thin out. 3-4 ships is a medium ship day for St. Thomas.

--Islander

That's what I figured, thanks for that info. What's great is we can go in October and plan for next year at the same time, since we will be back with the QM2.

Archived