NCL Gem and baby tranport

mags3000

Hi all

we are booked on the Gem for a sept med cruise!!! There are two adults and our 20 month daughter. Just wondering

1) any suggestions for transport from Barcelona aiport to port that we can prebook with baby seat. (Dont want to lug ours if we can help!!)

2) any suggestions for tour companys in the ports that will also provide car seats???

Itinery is Barcelona, malta, naples, rome, florence and pisa, nice and back to barcelona

thanks in advance

Mags

You cannot count on many of those places having a car seat. It's probably best to just bring your own so that way you're not shut out of doing anything. I know it can be cumbersome, but it's probably best. BTW, what will you be using for the flights?

Yikes! 20 month old as a lap child! I couldn't do it! I know your flight isn't that long, but you may want to reconsider that. It's so much more comfortable and safe for the baby to have their own seat.

It kills me so much every time I have to pay a crazy amount for my now 17 month old to have her own seat, but 20 minutes into a flight it pays for itself!

We just got from the NCL Gem and had a blast! I posted a review here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=820569

We took our daughter's booster seat because both tour companies we booked with (Rome Cabs and Rome in Limo) recommended that we bring it. But, once we arrived the drivers said that we could have made arrangements for them to place one in the car. Oh well....

Hope you have a great time! If you have any questions--just ask.

CeleBrat

Hi Celebrat, thanks for response I had read your review, it was great, and loads of detail!! I would like to ask you a couple of things,if you dont mind. when you took your trips to rome and florence, how long did the car journeys take, Just wondering whether to book private car, for our ease and other passengers that may be on the NCL buses!!! with our little girl. Or if the journeys are too long not to bother!!! thanks in advance

Mags

when you took your trips to rome and florence, how long did the car journeys take, Just wondering whether to book private car, for our ease and other passengers that may be on the NCL buses!!! with our little girl. Or if the journeys are too long not to bother!!! thanks in advance

Mags

Hi Mags!

The trip from the port of Citivecchia to Rome was over an hour, which can be a long time for little ones to be in a vehicle. Is there anything you can bring with you that will keep her entertained in the car/van? That would be my advice.

The trip from Livorno to Florence was also slightly over an hour, but we "broke up" the trip to Florence by stopping at Pisa.

If you can swing it, try a private tour. That way, you won't be bothering anyone if your toddler starts to cry or get tired. And, the tour driver can alter the tour to suit your needs. More time at the fun "run around" places, and less time at others.

Hope that helps!

CeleBrat

Celebrat

thanks so much for your info.

Might reasearch the train situation also, which might be quicker!!

And like many others enjoyed the last part of your instalment. Although felt your pain with airport stuff!!!!

Might come back to you with more questions later!!!!

Cant wait to get going

Mags

Archived