Which would u do in Grand Turk?

Kerry78

with a 5 yr old- go to Governors Beach (or some other beach)?

Or

Apparently there is some resort pool next to the ship?? Would u do that instead of the beach??

Or

is there such good shopping there that u cant pass up the shopping?

THANKS!!!!

with a 5 yr old- go to Governors Beach (or some other beach)?

Or

Apparently there is some resort pool next to the ship?? Would u do that instead of the beach??

Or

is there such good shopping there that u cant pass up the shopping?

THANKS!!!!

The pool is at Margaritaville. It is the largest pool at a resort that's free I have ever been to. Just get there early as the chairs are free. We took our then 7-year old there last year & he loved it. They even have a swim-up bar so it's perfect for adults & kids. We did the off road karts in the am & by the time we got to the pool it was packed. Next time we go there we plan to get there & stay there.

We did the beach right next to the ship and when we were tired of the beach walked over to the pool at Margaritaville and enjoyed that for awhile. There are a lot of little shops there too so we did some shopping after that and back to the ship. Beautiful, relaxing day.

We just were in Grand Turk on Monday and I wish I was there now.

We were on the Carnival Miracle and we really liked the Grand Turk stop. You literally walk off the ship to the beach or to Margaritaville. We has just been to the beach in St. Thomas the day before and the kids wanted to be in the pool more. We also live about 500 feet from the Atlantic ocean so we get to be on the beach a lot.

We rented a cabana by the pool for the day. It was worth the 99.00 to have a place for our things next to the pool and the beach for about 5 hours. It gave us some shade as well when we needed it. We had to book the cabanas through Carnival and there are only 10 of them. There is also a Flowrider there right next to the pool.

We were the only ship in port so it worked out well. If you go on the Grand Turk Cruise Center website you can get lots more info and see some pictures.

We stopped at Grand Turk on our Princess cruise. Grand Turk is one of our favorite stops. I love that you can walk right off the ship onto the beach. It will be so convenient with a child. We enjoyed going down the beach and finding our own little piece of heaven. After enjoying the ocean, we stopped at Margaritaville before getting back on the ship. Our view of the ship from the beach is one of my favorite photos. This is like stopping at a private island with a dock and Margaritaville too. Can't do much better than that. Enjoy your cruise.

Agree with LeafPeeper--the view of the ship from the beach is INSANE. Can't beat your own private beach, can you?

DSCF4575.jpg

We've been to Grand Turk 3 times, and always enjoy it. Unless there's bad weather, you can count on it being a fabulous EASY beach day. Walk right off the ship and you're there.

Here's a view of all the chairs and cabanas to the left of the pier.

DSCF4587.jpg

And here's what it looks like if you turn and go right--it's a secluded and DESERTED beach.

DSCF5974.jpg

And--great shelling too!

DSCF4568.jpg

Always a great day at Grand Turk!

CeleBrat

Those are great pictures and since I was there on Monday it makes me want to go back now.

The cabanas that I referred to in my post are actual little 1 room buildings with a small covered porch with 2 lounge chairs and they are along the far end of the pool near the flow rider. If you go to the Grandturkcc.com you can see lots of pictures of the pool and the beach.

The blue shade things are also available by the beach as your picture nicely shows and a lot of people were renting them.

Archived