E-mail from RCCL re: Oasis

Just got home and had an e-mail from RCCL saying that I could book on Oasis starting today, even though I'm not diamond, because I had booked a grand suite in the past. Hum ..... That's a surprise! Anyone else?

Interesting....wonder if too many D/D+ are NOOTS rather than Oasis bookers. ;) :D :o

I thought the same thing. I'm not interested - at least not right now - in the big ship. I think I'll wait and see how the reviews turn out. It's exciting though to read how excited everyone else is. It makes me want to book even though I'm not really interested!

I thought the same thing. I'm not interested - at least not right now - in the big ship. I think I'll wait and see how the reviews turn out. It's exciting though to read how excited everyone else is. It makes me want to book even though I'm not really interested!

I can't say it makes me want to book - but I do like reading about people being excited about booking a cruise. Actually excitement over any cruise is fun. :)

My RC CVP told me about this. She and I were under the impression, though, that the invitation was for REPEAT large suite bookers.

Very interesting.

(in other words, this was a deliberate marketing move by RC)

Maybe, that could be right, it mentions "suites", but I don't know if it specifically means only suites or just mentions them so you want to book one. Here's part of the e-mail .........

As a member of the Crown & Anchor Society, you've already been sent a

Special Invitation for our new Oasis of the Seas(SM). Now we are

extending an even more exclusive opportunity to a selected group of

guests who have reserved a Grand Suite with

us in the past.

Starting today, you can reserve in the same window as our Crown &

Anchor Diamond Plus and Diamond members. That's a week earlier than

all other Crown & Anchor Society members--and a full two weeks before

the general public!

So whether you'd like to book another Grand Suite,

a suite overlooking our new Boardwalk(SM) featuring the

AquaTheater, or an innovative two-floor Loft Suite, this is your one

chance to be first. Take your pick--before everyone else can!

I just booked two Owner's Suites for the Oasis 2/13/10. I am not a Diamond Club member (yet)but got that e-mail by virtue of the fact that I sailed twice before, each booking two Grand Suites (this according to the RCCL rep). I'm also booked on the Independence next year and I have the Presidential Suite.

I was just as surprised as everyone else to get the offer and happily took them up on it!

I got the same e-mail. I have only booked grand suites previously for the extra room with kids. I also received a phone call from my "private" cruise consultant asking me to call her back with a time of my convenience to book the Oasis. She said the wait times were about 45 mins and this way she could devote the time I needed. I have no desire to book the Oasis at this time.

This is not new information. This was in a press release to TA's that was sent to me by my TA. Select number of people who booked suites in the past. Not everyone though. This is what it said

"We have identified a list of past Suite Guests who have sailed with Royal Caribbean Int. over the past two years; those guests will have the opportunity to pre-book Oasis to show our support of their business. We are sending Suite Guests an email advising them of the opportunity to pre-book Oasis beginning August 21st. The email will direct them to call their travel agent of record or log onto http://www.royalcaribbean.com or call us at 1-800-RoyalCaribbean. In addition, we will be sending their last travel agent of record an email with the names of their clients whom we are sending the above mentioned email so they can follow-up with them directly."

This is not new information. This was in a press release to TA's that was sent to me by my TA. Select number of people who booked suites in the past. Not everyone though. This is what it said

"We have identified a list of past Suite Guests who have sailed with Royal Caribbean Int. over the past two years; those guests will have the opportunity to pre-book Oasis to show our support of their business. We are sending Suite Guests an email advising them of the opportunity to pre-book Oasis beginning August 21st. The email will direct them to call their travel agent of record or log onto www.royalcaribbean.com or call us at 1-800-RoyalCaribbean. In addition, we will be sending their last travel agent of record an email with the names of their clients whom we are sending the above mentioned email so they can follow-up with them directly."

Thank you for sharing this email. I have been stomping my feet and shaking my fists in the air because i did not receive this email and have booked suites in the past. However, it has NOT been in the past two years, so I am more relaxed now. :) Still jealous, but more relaxed. :D

Well, isn't that intersting! I am Platinum with 8 cruise credits (will be Diamond after 10/10/08 Monarch sailing in JS), but we booked the Presidential Suite in December 2007. I never received this email:( , and from the intensity of the initial booking frenzy, it would have been nice to book earlier! I think I will call C&A and ask them about this...

Well, isn't that intersting! I am Platinum with 8 cruise credits (will be Diamond after 10/10/08 Monarch sailing in JS), but we booked the Presidential Suite in December 2007. I never received this email:( , and from the intensity of the initial booking frenzy, it would have been nice to book earlier! I think I will call C&A and ask them about this...

Couldn't hurt to ask. Call and say you are a previous Pres Suite guest and just tell them you want to book. Why not.

I am platinum and received this email a couple hours ago:

As a member of the Crown & Anchor Society, you've already been sent a

Special Invitation for our new Oasis of the Seas(SM). Now we are

extending an even more exclusive opportunity to a selected group of

guests who have reserved a Junior Suite with us in the past.

Starting today, you can reserve in the same window as our Crown &

Anchor Diamond Plus and Diamond members. That's a week earlier than

all other Crown & Anchor Society members--and a full two weeks before

the general public!

So whether you'd like to book another Junior Suite,

a suite overlooking our new Boardwalk(SM) featuring the

AquaTheater, or an innovative two-floor Loft Suite, this is your one

chance to be first. Take your pick--before everyone else can!

I didn't get any e-mail from RCCL and I am a Diamond member and have always booked suites including Royal Suite. But I called in this morning and reserved another suite for the Oasis.

You didnt get an email cuz you are diamond and could book today anyway..

Thank you for sharing this email. I have been stomping my feet and shaking my fists in the air because i did not receive this email and have booked suites in the past. However, it has NOT been in the past two years, so I am more relaxed now. :) Still jealous, but more relaxed. :D

Well I have booked GS in 2006, 2007 AND 2008 and haven't received the e-mail yet! I *might* consider Oasis (DH is all over it) but would love to be invited to do it now!

Well, well, well...

This forum is AWESOME when it comes to disseminating the most UTD information. I have been checking into the Cruise Critic boards all day while at work, and noticed this thread. Well, after my last post, I pulled up my home email, and wouldn't you know it...I DID receive the same message as mentioned earlier!

I am on the phone with RCCL C&A right now, and it looks like we may get the Pres Suite again in 2010! The rep has taken all of my info and deposits, and is just waiting for the Revenue Department to release it!

THANK YOU SO MUCH for passing on this information!

FWIW, I agree with RCCL rewarding loyal C&A cruisers with its stepwise booking opportunity, and I would have been fine with waiting until next week. But I will not look a gift horse in the mouth, and am glad that they have also rewarded previous suite bookers as well!

I got the e-mail today. It is interesting because it was actually sent to my mom at my e-mail address. My mom isn't a crown and achor member and I am the one who always books suites and just finished the Enchantment cruise on a GS. :eek: LOL, gotta laugh. :p I did call, got through immediately, gave them the secret code that everyone knows and the lovely agent hooked me up with a Crown Loft 1704, my first choice on the Eastern Carribbean cruise Aug 14, 2010. No problem. I'm laughing, cause I got what I wanted, but it does seem weird that e-mail was sent to my mom and not me, the loyal RCCL suite guest, platinum (2 short of diamond) member.:D Happy cruising. Laura

Archived