Money ?'s

Hi, DH and I are taking our first Med. cruise this fall. I am trying to plan out approximately how many euros we will need throughout this 10 night trip. Any help you might be able to offer to the following questions would be greatly appreciated.

1. I understand that most toilets will be pay and often exact change is required. What is the best way to obtain .20 euros?

2. Will we need to tip the aerobus driver that takes us from the BCN airport to Placa Catalunya? If so, how much?

3. How much is considered an appropriate tip for waiters/taxi drivers/porters in the following countries: Spain, France, Italy, Malta, Tunisia?

Thanks for your time!

I have been to Italy and never had to pay to use the restroom. Just like the USA, there are restrooms in restaruants, museums ,even churches. Also in any "bar" in Italy they must have restrooms. These bars are more like a coffee shop/deli. If you are in the cities ,you won't have problems finding restrooms. For euro coins, I would buy something cheap at the ariport and you will receive change, small bills and change.

I plan to bring Euros with me from my bank in the USA and then use ATM machines in Spain and Italy. I plan to use euros during the shore excursions for any small purchases, and my credit card for any gifts I will be purchasing for my family back home.

As to tipping, I figure one euro is $1.50 USD, so for the bus driver 1 euro pp is fine. I will tip waiters 10%-20% if there is no service charge on the bill, and taxis drivers a couple of euros.

Enjoy your vacation and dont let these little things get in the way of a fabulous time. Being a stranger in a foreign country is part of the adventure of any trip to another country. :)

Archived