Nassau Fish Fry info

Jabee

Anybody ever eaten at the Fish Fry at Arawak Cay?

Also, how do you get there. Can you get there on a bus?

Thanks..

You can take the number 10/10A jitney there.......or walk it.......if you're a "walker"...the jitney costs $1pp

We have eaten there........

Take the 10, not the 10A which takes a convoluted and less than scenic routing. Catch the bus by walking towards the British Colonial Hilton, stop when you're across the street from McDonalds.

The buses are plentiful but aren't on a firm schedule, and quit around 6pm, so be prepared for taxi fare if you're late. I eat there pretty much every time I can.

As PH8 said, take the #10 jitney. They'll drop you off right at the entrance and you can catch another one back to town from the same location. Don't know about any schedule, but they seem to run every 15 minutes or so. Walking is another option but a 15/20 minute walk in the heat of the day isn't my idea of fun.

Once you get to the Fish Fry there are 6/8 places to eat. We had lunch at a place called the Three Brothers, or Brothers Three, or something similar. Quite a few locals were there and we ran into and American guy who lives in Nassau who told us it was his favorite place and he eats there a lot. DW had fresh grouper and I had cracked conch. Really good and next time we are in Nassau, we'll be back.........:)

WE catch the jitney way before the BCH..........its on the side street across from where you catch the number 1 jitney(which is right before the straw market)....

We ate at the Poop Deck restaurant last weekend........liked it better.......but thats over by the PI bridge...Yummy,red snapper.FRESH!!

2513082830042692775S500x500Q85.jpg

WE catch the jitney way before the BCH..........its on the side street across from where you catch the number 1 jitney(which is right before the straw market)....

We ate at the Poop Deck restaurant last weekend........liked it better.......but thats over by the PI bridge...Yummy,red snapper.FRESH!!

Undertand about the closer spot, but try and give directions to someone unfamiliar with Nassau on how to get to Frederick & Bay street. The McDonalds landmark is tough to miss. ;) :)

Undertand about the closer spot, but try and give directions to someone unfamiliar with Nassau on how to get to Frederick & Bay street. The McDonalds landmark is tough to miss. ;) :)

Jeez-sorry,I'll leave up to you from now on..:rolleyes:

We walked in February and it was nice. We did ride the Jitney back. I do not think I would walk in the middle of summer. It's really hot in Nassau for walking. Jitney is the way to go. Just a little added information-When we were there in February we rode 4 different Jitney buses all over the island. Now that was fun and interesting. You see parts of the island you would never see as a tourist. The local people were so nice to us and never made us feel uneasy. They seemed really pleased that we were interested in seeing their island and offered all kinds of information as we rode the jitneys.

Archived