room question

mom2agr8boy

As I have been posting I won my trip from one of my distributors. They pick the top 20 or so dealers and take on a trip every year and we have an award banquet. I am excited about the trip because I have always wanted to go to Alaska. The porblem has been the lack of control over the trip. They have still have not given any of out information as far as room numbers so at this point I feel like booking anything though the ship is out. They did say they would get us all our info by UPS next week. I have gathered this much info from converstions about it. We are getting rooms with an outside view no balcony. It is kind of a bumber from me because if I was paying I would of paid to have a balcony. Anyway, my questions are this, from reading the board I gather that depending on our room class depends on how early you can make dinner reservations? If I have an outside room cabin how early can we make reservations and all? The second thing is a lot of the outside cabins appear to be on the 5th floor and I was woundering how noisy that floor would be with the theater and right below the restraunts? If you had an outside cabins which would be the best to have? If anybody that has had outside with a view cabins please give me feedback.

• Any (well almost) free cruise is fantastic.
  • There are a number of restaurants that you will not need to make reservations for.
  • Certain VIPs and VIP category cabins can make reservations for the specialty reservations in advance.
  • Your cruise appears to be sold out in the ocean view category. But there are balconies available still. If you are interested in a balcony find out the name of the agency that is handling the reservation and contact them ASAP. (The info should be in the packet that your employer sends you.) Find out how much it would cost you to be upgraded. When you call it could be best to have the deck plans in front of you to help with the selection.
  • If that doesn't work, check at the pier or as soon as you get on the ship for a possible purchase of a balcony.

Charlie

How frustrating! I know you're anxious to know everything! Don't worry about dinner reservations. You'll have plenty of time to make them right after you board. That's how everyone has to do it. I know you're concerned about room locale, but odds are in your favor and Charlie gave great advice on how to handle upgrading if you're interested.

It is odd that they don't share more with you and your co-winners.

Think of your cruise as an adventure, and focus on having a fabulous time!! Congratulations, and let us know how it all turned out.

I have won many trips and sometimes we don't get the information until the last minute. But I have loved every trip - even though the accomodations aren't always what I would have chosen (if I had been making them and paying for them).

I was on the 5th deck Outside on the Jewel. It was fine as far as noise.

Have a great time... maybe you will consider doing the Cruise Rewards and planning your next cruise to your exact liking.

I have always gotten reservations I wanted for dinner. When you embark try to do that first thing.

This free cruise adds to your latitudes quota. :)

Have a great time.

Deck 5 Oceanview is typically our cabin of choice and where were were on the Pearl. We usually like to be near the forward elevators since we generally go to bed right after the late show and it is a quick walk down the flight of stairs (the elevators are nuts right after the show). I have never had a noise problem based on this choice. The only noise problem I have ever had (and it was only on one cruise) was a screaming child next door - that could happen anywhere! You will have a great time!

A free trip on the Pearl? I'd think I'd died and gone to heaven! We had an outside view on the Jewel on deck 5, and had no noise issues at all. We were more mid-ship, and under the area where the bars were and never heard anything from above us. I don't think there are cabins on deck 5 under either the theater. The ones in the very front are up by the theater and you might possibly get some noise -- but it's not used that much during sleeping hours. It's possible that some of the aft ones are underneath the mid-ship restaurant, but I'd be more worried about being under the galley, and the outside view ones shouldn't be located there.

Frankly, as late in the year as you're going, I wouldn't spend the money to upgrade to a balcony. There are always exceptions, but weather by mid-September tends to be so cool and rainy that I doubt you'd use it much.

Have a wonderful trip! Alaska is gorgeous.

we have had a "free" trip to hawaii, a cruise, a trip to london, a trip to a resort in Quebec...from a supplier/manufacture...loved each one. yes, they wait until they get all the paperwork and send out their own packets. our supplier had a great travel group they used...they had everything down to a "T".

they may have a group dinner or 2. our group had a meeting room, one of the people from the travel agency would there to handle things. in the travel packet, which usually came about a month before travel, included our air tickets (one reason the packet comes close to travel time), schedule for group dinner, schedule for a couple of meet and greets (open bar was very nice) and list of excusions to choice from.

i hope your supplier is as generous as our supplier was/is...they were a great group to travel with.

don't worry about dinner reserations, we have made them on the same day and on the day before with no problems.

As I have been posting I won my trip from one of my distributors. They pick the top 20 or so dealers and take on a trip every year and we have an award banquet. I am excited about the trip because I have always wanted to go to Alaska. The porblem has been the lack of control over the trip. They have still have not given any of out information as far as room numbers so at this point I feel like booking anything though the ship is out. They did say they would get us all our info by UPS next week. I have gathered this much info from converstions about it. We are getting rooms with an outside view no balcony. It is kind of a bumber from me because if I was paying I would of paid to have a balcony. Anyway, my questions are this, from reading the board I gather that depending on our room class depends on how early you can make dinner reservations? If I have an outside room cabin how early can we make reservations and all? The second thing is a lot of the outside cabins appear to be on the 5th floor and I was woundering how noisy that floor would be with the theater and right below the restraunts? If you had an outside cabins which would be the best to have? If anybody that has had outside with a view cabins please give me feedback.

Color me wrong if you will but.........you just won a cruise......? And you have questions...? I, and many others I'm sure, would be tickled to death to just get a discount. Now you want preferences.....? Sorry....maybe it's just me.

Color me wrong if you will but.........you just won a cruise......? And you have questions...? I, and many others I'm sure, would be tickled to death to just get a discount. Now you want preferences.....? Sorry....maybe it's just me.

Nope. Not just you! :rolleyes:

if they haven't travel like this before...it's hard...it's like "hurry up and wait". the company's TAs have to get the whole group cabins/flights together before they send out anything. once the TAs get the current list of who's going and all their guest, then they assign the cabins.

our groups were from 150 to 250, not including extra family members.

having control issues, it's twice as hard...since you have NO control at all.

but it's worth it, once you get the packet...everything is laid out for you...it will great.

i suggest to wait before making dinner reservations...they may have some group dinners/gathering planned.

Did you read her follow up post? She realizes it sounds like she is looking a gift horse in the face. Give her a little slack. She appreciates it but has questions. Gee, I totally get it. I'd take a mop closet if it was the only way to get on a cruise ship, but it doesn't stop me from agonizing over cabin selection and coming here to ask a million questions. It is part a control thing and part an anticipation thing.

Did you read her follow up post? She realizes it sounds like she is looking a gift horse in the face. Give her a little slack. She appreciates it but has questions. Gee, I totally get it. I'd take a mop closet if it was the only way to get on a cruise ship, but it doesn't stop me from agonizing over cabin selection and coming here to ask a million questions. It is part a control thing and part an anticipation thing.

I agree 'muder.. I knew at the onset that someone would see this post and take a stab at criticizing. No offense to the ones who think opposite, It's your right to say whatever you wish. I guess I interpret the OP's questions as being concerns. She's been coming to this board since she knew she won... and I hope she still will.

'wink ;)

Archived