Halloween at sea???

I was on a Jewel repo cruise on Halloween two years ago and the ship was decorated for Halloween, there were big bowls of candy at Guest Relations and other Halloween things. There was a costume party in the Safari Lounge that night with a costume contest and there was a Haunted House set up in the Conference Room. It was a lot of fun and a lot of the passengers got into the spirit and wore costumes to dinner and for the rest of the evening. One of my favorites was this older couple, with the husband wearing dark glasses and carrying a white cane and his wife dressed the same and always holding his arm, with a sign around her neck saying "the blind leading the blind."

i am on a cruise every halloween!!! it keeps getting better & better!

last year halloween fell on a formal night and they still encouraged us to wear our costumes to dinner!

there is usually a large parade down the prom ending up with a lido deck party with dancing and contests!

people decorate doors, and we always get a promenade room so we can decorate the windows!:cool:

have fun

We were on the Mariner Halloween 2006 and there were LOTS of adults dressed up. There were lots of groups in group costumes (like a group of the cast of Gilligan's Island). There was a costume contest and say many still in costume late night in different Bars and around. There was also a parade with the smaller Kids all in costume as well. We had not thought to bring any but my husband put his tuxeudo back on and carried a martini glass around and thought he was James Bond all night!

I was on Enchantment for Halloween several years ago and it was fantastic! They had a special Halloween parade with all the children earlier in the evening. Later it was the adults' turn and what fun! So many people in costume! Some people go above and beyond it was great fun! I highly recommend getting involved, dress up and enjoy!!!!

I was on a Jewel repo cruise on Halloween two years ago and the ship was decorated for Halloween, there were big bowls of candy at Guest Relations and other Halloween things. There was a costume party in the Safari Lounge that night with a costume contest and there was a Haunted House set up in the Conference Room. It was a lot of fun and a lot of the passengers got into the spirit and wore costumes to dinner and for the rest of the evening. One of my favorites was this older couple, with the husband wearing dark glasses and carrying a white cane and his wife dressed the same and always holding his arm, with a sign around her neck saying "the blind leading the blind."

DW and I love HOLLOween-she had white out eyes too but got hit with a flying cat toenail that afternoon and scratched her cornea (don't ask!)

She had to go without the contacts and we kept saying all night, "You aren't supposed to be REALLY blind!"

DSCF0517.JPG

DSCF0534.JPG

DSCF0516.JPG

Hi

Has anyone been at sea on Halloween?? I am sailing on the Explorer this halloween. Do we need costumes??

I went on the Navigator of the Seas two years ago for Halloween - Western Caribbean trip. The employees really did not understand Halloween but they all participated in the parade for Halloween through the Promenade that evening. Yes, some people were wearing costumes in the evening after dinner. I wore a Halloween trick or treat with a pirate kitty cat on the front of the t-shirt the entire day and had a blast. I wore orange and black beads and handed out pre-trip buttons that I had purchased. I made trick or treat bags of treats for our waiter staff at our table and also for my room attendant. We also took treats to some of the wait staff at Chops and they really gave up special attention the next night when we dined there. The buttons I got for Halloween I got on sale ahead of time at Walgreens and every one of the staff wore their buttons that week. They were so excited to learn about the holiday. I think they think some of us Americans are kind of crazy!!!

I must say I will travel again during Halloween because we had so much fun. In my little trick or treat bags I supplied them with nut mixtures

like a trail mix type so they had something to take back to their rooms and also some bags of M&M's with additional halloween type things.

CincinnatiGal

We are going to be cruising over Halloween this year, and don't especially want to dress up. Don't get me wrong, I know we will enjoy everyone else's costumes, it's just not something we like to do ourselves. Will we look out of place if we are just dressed 'normally'???

We are going to be cruising over Halloween this year, and don't especially want to dress up. Don't get me wrong, I know we will enjoy everyone else's costumes, it's just not something we like to do ourselves. Will we look out of place if we are just dressed 'normally'???

You will not be out of place....you just go on vacation and have a great time that is all anyone on your cruise wants you and themselves to do----HAVE A GOOD TIME!

CincinnatiGal:D

Believe me, the number of people in costume are definitely in the minority, so you won't feel out of place not dressed up. I am not a costume person either, but I was amazed at the creativity of others and that they would go to the trouble to haul a costume with them. Of course, this was before the crackdown on luggage and charging for 2nd bag, not to mention the first bag with some airlines!

Hi,

We were on an Empress 2007 Repo cruise during Halloween. Some cabin doors & staterooms were decorated. Many people were in costumes, others were not. There was a Halloween Parade with prizes. We wore Halloween T's & funny headbands. We will be wearing the same costumes?again on our Halloween Grandeur cruise. I'm sure you can pick up something cheap & lightweight at a $ store if you want to join in & even leave behind to save room for souvenirs.

Enjoy your upcoming cruise.

Joyce & Of Course Harvey

How about Enchantment out of FLL on Oct 27th?? It's only a 5 nighter, but the prices are 'right'!! The Roll call right now is only a few CC folks, but we plan to P A R T Y !! For Halloween, there will be Costumes, and even a walk-about the ship in a reverse 'trick-or-treat'. I think about half of my air luggage allowance will be the costume and 'throws'!! Hey - if you want some fun, have not had the opportunity to visit Belize and simply need to get away for a few days - join us!!!

We were on the Explorer three years ago on Halloween - it was a day at sea and formal night. The ship was decorated for Halloween and quite a few people were wearing costumes later in the evening. There was a halloween and costume party in the night club.

We were on Mariner last Halloween and had so much fun we booked for this year! DH has also booked the Freedom for 2009 Halloween. We did dress up and had a blast we gave out candy I had ordered from Orietanl trading that kinda went with our costumes. There were some kids that were all dressed as bannas I gave them some candy and one little guy after they had gone down the hall came running back and gave me a string of beads (mardi grau type) and said I wanted to thank you and give you something too! They were so cute! We drive to PC so it's easier for us but if you want to join in the fun it doesn't have to take all your luggage space. I'll try to post a pic of some of the costumes.

2096766081_halloweencostumes.JPG.f4c0002dc8182ae647252b30349d8eb9.JPG

We also did a Halloween cruise a few years back. We had a group of 9 so we did Snow White and the 7 DISFUNCTIONAL dwarfs. Snow White was a male, Prince Charming was a female and the rest of us were dwarfs. It was very easy to do and easy to pack. We took first place in the group contest! :D .

Archived