Radiance Class.. JS or E-1 on 'hump'!

stlrboo

Looking at approximately $700. difference between a JS and E-1 (8086) on the 'hump' on Jewel of the Seas, 8 day Eastern Caribbean.. Looks like approximately 100 sq. ft + a bigger balcony difference besides the tub, etc.. First timer on RCI.. Would love to hear comparisons and comments..
Planning to book next week and can't hold the E-1 for much longer.. :(
Any insight will be appreciated... :)

I really like the JS on the Radiance class ships. Very roomy and the walk-in closet is fantastic! If you do decide on a JS be aware that some are very noisy. They are under the tile part of the Windjammer cafe. Avoid 1578, 1078, 1086, 1586. Best bet is a forward JS.

I think $700 is a bit much to spend to upgrade to the JS, though. I would keep the E-1.

Barry, you are in a great cabin! 1100 is very quiet and has a great balcony. It is a long walk but everyone we know that has had that cabin says it is well worth it. We were at a party in 1100 on the Brilliance (I assume your cabin would be identical) and there were about 20-25 people. Plenty of room. You do realize that the stair case shown on deck ten near your cabin is crew only? You need to walk to the center of the ship to get an elevator or stairs.

It is only the tiled sections that cause this noise kinda like thunder as the dish carts roll over it. The tile is around the edges of the main Windjammer, on the deck plan, the area by the stairs. The Veranda and outdoor areas are fine as they have a different floor covering.

Barry, the stairwell is behind big steel doors and in the middle of a large crew area. I don't know if the doors are kept locked or not. I have heard of some people using these stairs but I, personally, would be too nervous. Maybe you could ask your cabin attendant if it is okay.

The walk is long but most people complain that it is not the length of the walk but that it is just so boring! Others consider it their workout. Maybe you could get some shipshape dollars :D ?

I think I'll probably keep my E-1 (8086) on the 'hump'....
UNLESS, of course, someone wants to give up JS 1100.. I want it!!!
Will probably book the E-1 with a notation that I'd be more than happy to upgrade to 1100 if it becomes available.. :D Thanks for the quik replies... :)

Archived