Need help... I lost my fav dress on Century today!

LittleStar

I am writing with hopes that someone from the Century Oct 16th sailing with an extra piece of luggage reads this post. I just got off the Century this morning and had to leave without my garment bag. I'm not sure if it was left on the ship or if someone accidentally picked it up in the terminal when disembarking. If you happen to have it, I would be forever grateful if you please contact me at luli1015@aol.com.

Has anyone ever lost luggage and had it returned? If returned, how long did it take to get it back? This is the first time it happens to me and am crossing my fingers (and everything else I can cross) hoping it turns up.

Aside from this one incident, the cruise was terrific! For all of you going on the Century in the near future, I am so very jealous! Hope you have a great time!

Sorry for the lost luggage.

Have you contacted the cruise line ASAP. They may have found it since you left, ie in the cabin or on the floor.

I lost one piece of luggage once. It was returned to me three days later. It was with Air Canada.

We forgot to pick up our garment bag at the FL terminal once and were worried that all our formal clothes were gone forever.

Called Carnival as soon as getting home and they indeed did have it and offered to ship it to our home.

It arrived 3 days later, all intact with a C.O.D. delivery charge of $23 but worth it to get it back.

So if the cruiseline has it you will get it back, if someone else has it not so sure unless they are really honest OR picked up yours intead of theirs.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks, CD & Tinker

I did file a report while still in the terminal. There were 3 very wonderful Celebrity employees helping me find it. I got home yesterday afternoon to find the Miami Beach Wyndham hotel tel # on my caller id. I am praying that it might have been a call from someone with my bag! I will be calling the cruiseline tomorrow to see if it was turned in.

Still keeping my fingers crossed....

Thanks, CD & Tinker

I did file a report while still in the terminal. There were 3 very wonderful Celebrity employees helping me find it. I got home yesterday afternoon to find the Miami Beach Wyndham hotel tel # on my caller id. I am praying that it might have been a call from someone with my bag! I will be calling the cruiseline tomorrow to see if it was turned in.

Still keeping my fingers crossed....

Hi Littlestar !

I know this is a very frustrating experience, but I would think the odds are good that you will get your bag back. If someone took it, it is more than likely by accident, and they have no use for your items.

This happened to me about 18 months ago on Explorer of the Seas. Someone took my hanging bag, thinking it was theirs. It was a totally honest mistake. I filled out a report at the terminal, and within 24 hours, RCI had called me. They had my bag, and arranged to have it shipped to me. All in all, it really worked out great. I can also say that Royal Caribbean & Celebrity really do an excellent job of trying to work these things out.

I certainly will be rooting for you to get your bag back. Please let us know what happens. Good Luck !

Regards,

Andy

when we last sailed horizon from Tampa to the Carib, some idiot took our bag from the terminal. I know no one will believe me when I say it, but Celebrity did an excellent job in getting it back. They tracked the moron down before he got on his plane to PA, and switched the bags. They then mailed it to our home in a day or so. There is hope.

YOu have to act when you are at the port though.... I hope it isn't too late.

My belief that decent and honest people still exist has be reaffirmed! The call from the Wyndham was indeed from the couple who had my bag. It appears one of the porters grabbed mine instead of theirs and didn't notice until they arrived at the hotel. Luckily, I live in Miami and picked it up this afternoon. Now I really hope they get their luggage before they return home!!

VERY NICE ENDING. I'm hoping that the lovely couple got their bag soon after. With so many bags that look the same out there, I can see how it happens. We tie a ribbon on ours, but that doesn't mean they still won't get lost.

Archived