First time poster Noordam June 28 2009

Ozcruiser1

G'Day to all,

I'm a first time poster and will be cruising on the Noordam 20 day Med. out of Rome departing June 28 2009. I have a couple of question that you all might be able to answer.

1. Do I have the option of pre booking shore excursions on line?

2. If so where do I do that?

3. Its a back to back cruise with Rome in the middle. do I have to go through all the customs etc during that day or is it like any other port?

4.I have cruised to the Pacific islands a couple of times on P&O Pacific Sun and had a fantastic time. What should I expect to be different on the Noordam?

5.Any other tips etc ?

Thanks. Ozcruiser1

Welcome to CruiseCritic! I can only answer numbers 1 and 2 -

Yes, you can pre-book excursions on the www.hollandamerica.com website. They won't be available for booking until a few months before the cruise, so check the site periodically. Have a great cruise!

And keep reading the posts on CC's Holland America board - there are lots of helpful people there. You may also meet some fellow cruisers on the roll call board (though that may be a bit in the future).

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Yes -- you can book your shore excursions ahead of time on line -- they should start popping up about November. Just have your confiramtion (booking) number and credit card handy. If you booked your back-to-backs as one cruise (HAL offers a few of these) you will need only 1 booking number. But if they are booked as 2 cruises -- then you will need both booking numbers.

We have been able to book some excursions as much as 7 months before a cruise.

We have never sailed on the Noordam (yet) but I hear she is a great ship.

Archived