past guest party??

scovarrubias22

usually the first sea day, invite will usually be in your cabin when you board

That's been my experience also . . . on some shps sometimes they put it in your "mailbox" ( a little catch-all in the hallway right beside your door)

I wonder if I should change my reservations for the supper club. We leave port on Sunday and the first day at sea is on Monday so I made reservations more Monday at 7pm. What do you guys think I should do?
Supper club....Past guest party should be before then.......I would do the supper club instead anyways.....;)

I wonder if I should change my reservations for the supper club. We leave port on Sunday and the first day at sea is on Monday so I made reservations more Monday at 7pm. What do you guys think I should do?

You'll be fine... the party is before the first dinner sitting, if I remember rightly.

hey everyone I was just wondering when is the past guest party on a 7 day cruise usually?

Seems to me that most of the answers above are answering, "When is formal/cruise elegant night?" Which is usually the first sea day. The past guest party, on 7 day cruises, is often on the second formal/CE night. But it depends on a lot of things. Number of past guests, itinerary etc. Past guest parties sometimes are during the day and are unconnected to any night activity.

Dan

What Goes On At The Past Guest Party? Free Drinks? Snacks?

Fill Me In.

We Are Cruise With First Timers, Can I Bring Them?

Thanks

Michele

First timers ARE NOT past guests are they?

If you feel it is wrong of you to leave your cruise friends alone for 45 minutes or so, then you SKIP the party. You do not crash the party with UNINVITED people.

Dan

Please do not change your plans based on speculation for the past guest party. We've been on 4 cruises and it's been on different days on every single one of them. On my second cruise I thought we had been overlooked because I had read that it was on a certain night and we hadn't received an invitation. It ended up being a couple of nights later. I was told they fit it in where they can and to wait for the invitation the night before.

First timers ARE NOT past guests are they?

If you feel it is wrong of you to leave your cruise friends alone for 45 minutes or so, then you SKIP the party. You do not crash the party with UNINVITED people.

Dan

I am in total agreement w/Dan. Your friends can easily find something else to do during that short time.:)

About all the days, times, etc. confusion about the Past Guest party....

No one knows when the party will be. It has been different each and every time I've cruised...and that's quite a few parties. It will definitely NOT be on the second night on board the ship - that is always 'elegant/formal' night.

You won't know until your invitation is delivered to your cabin the day before the party.

For anyone who isn't aware - PG parties are held only on cruises of five nights or longer.

Past Guest means what it says - you've cruised Carnival before. Friends who have not cruised do not fit that category. They can attend the one on their next cruise, when they are truly 'past guests'.:)

On my last cruise they had it at 7:30 right in the middle of my dinnertime. Thought that was bad planning. The one before that we never got our invitation. I was miffed. I always ask every morning now so if the steward forgets at least I will know when it is.

Candi

You really won't know until you receive the invitation when it will be. Both my Liberty sailings they had two past guest receptions like the Captain's party - one for early dinner and one for late.

As for the first time guests - they collect the invitations at the door (at least on the Liberty) so they will more than likely not be admitted anyway. Besides - this reception is held by Carnival to thank their repeat guests for their loyalty. Once your friends sail twice they can attend.

Also - I thought formal night was always the second evening but that's not always the case. Our last sailing on the Liberty had a port stop our first day out at Half Moon Cay - formal night was not until the first sea day which was day three of our cruise.

Our past guest reception was the night we left San Juan but I'm sure it can vary from cruise to cruise.

Why is it that first time cruisers turn into babbling drooling morons that absolutely can't be left alone for 45 minutes whenever there is a past guest party around?

I don't know but I am sure it is also the same group that wants to go through the VIP line when they have not earned or paid for the privelage, but some of their friends have:rolleyes: .

OK, I haven't weighed in on this debate until now, but I thought I would add my two cents. My boyfriend (who has never cruised before) and I are cruising this fall. I would not attend this party if he was not allowed to accompany me. I think its just common sense for Carnival to extend an invitation to A past guests spouse or significant other. I'm sorry but this is a special cruise for us as it is our anniversary and I really don't feel like leaving him sitting off by himself while I disappear to some party. Yes I would like to go, as I have only been on 4 day sailings on Carnival so this will be my first past guest party, and I do think I have a right to bring my significant other as my guest, plain and simple. Now bringing a whole group that is not right.

Archived