2 and 4 year old on excursions?

KyleesMom

We will be visiting these ports in September 09 and I was wondering what excursions we could do with our 2 and 4 year olds? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

We have been to cozumel and did the dolphin's so we wanted to do something else there.

Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands ; Cozumel, Mexico ; Belize ; Roatan Island, Honduras ;

Thanks!

Tif

Grand Caymen - you could do the turtle farm. Many family cruisers have come back to report that they really liked it. We did the Butterfly Express Tour and we were bored. So I wouldn't recommend that.

Belize - we are discussing that now here...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=808378

Cozumel - I am going to use that as a beach day. We did Playa Mia in the past, I didn't love that beach...so I am going to try Paradise Beach next.

Roatan - Never been there. ;)

Cozumel - I am going to use that as a beach day. We did Playa Mia in the past, I didn't love that beach...so I am going to try Paradise Beach next.

;)

Michelle,

Are you booking Paradise Beach on your own or through the cruise line?? We just booked a last minute Enchantment cruise leaving soon....! Thank you... (only 120 more to reach 10,000) My DD is pulling for you she likes your tag lines.....;)

GRAND CAYMAN--We booked a private tour (with our then 3 and 5 year olds) and saw the Turtle Farm, Hell, and went to Stingray sandbar. Since it was a private tour, we got lots of attention and didn't have to worry about having our kids in the water with us. Here's a pic--notice there's no one around for miles.

IMGP1217.jpg

BELIZE--booked a ships tour (due to long tender and transportation issue) called River and Ruins. A fun slow boat ride through the jungle, and then a visit via bus to Altun-Ha.

COZUMEL--Paradise Beach. Gentle beach with enough shells that the kids will be happy, and enough drinks so the parents are happy.

GORGEOUS water!!!! Wow! Thanks for sharing that picture. Makes me ready to sail NOW!

As for the excursions with the kids.....we're taking our 9 mo. old daughter but our boys (ages 3 and 4) opted to stay with Grandma for this cruise but if we were taking them we'd still plan for the same. We're doing:

Grand Cayman - Best of Cayman tour

Belize - Bacab Eco Park with Butterfly House

Cozumel - Not totally sure what we'll do yet....but are leaning towards a beach day. We did Paradise Beach last time we were there and loved it! I highly recommend it for you and the kids!

Roatan - Pirates, Birds & Monkeys of the Caribbean

Grand Cayman-- sea grape beach, calico jacks, a nice beachfront casual resturant on 7 mile beach. Just take a taxi there.

Cozumel-- we did Playa Mia and really liked it (not the same experience as Cruisinmama had) there was a nice covered area, pool, beach, good food and drinks, mostly families with young kids there. However I have heard some bad reviews so this cruise we are going to try Paradise Beach since it always gets great reviews.

Belize and Roatan not sure since we havent been yet.

Celebrat:

Did you book your tour when you got off the ship, or did you arrange for it before you left. I would love to do the same 3 things with my 2 1/2 and 4 1/2 year olds. Did you bring your own life jackets? thanks for your help.

Celebrat:

Did you book your tour when you got off the ship, or did you arrange for it before you left. I would love to do the same 3 things with my 2 1/2 and 4 1/2 year olds. Did you bring your own life jackets? thanks for your help.

Which tour are you asking about?

We have never taken any lifejackets on vacation with us, and always use what's available via the tour.

The Grand Cayman tour was booked via the internet weeks before our cruise. For info, check the Grand Cayman boards on this site. The Belize tour was booked on the ship.

Does that answer your questions? Glad to help if you have more questions.

--CeleBrat

Which tour are you asking about?

We have never taken any lifejackets on vacation with us, and always use what's available via the tour.

The Grand Cayman tour was booked via the internet weeks before our cruise. For info, check the Grand Cayman boards on this site. The Belize tour was booked on the ship.

Does that answer your questions? Glad to help if you have more questions.

--CeleBrat

Thanks. I was asking about the Grand Cayman tour. Im looking at either Captain Marvins or Shoretrips. They both seem to offer a similar package. Did you use one of them?

Thanks. I was asking about the Grand Cayman tour. Im looking at either Captain Marvins or Shoretrips. They both seem to offer a similar package. Did you use one of them?

Nope--we used Nativeway. Somehow, we even got an entire excursion boat to ourselves. As we got on, we told the videographer to go ahead and leave since it was only the 6 of us onboard. DS got to help the captain steer. We couldn't believe we were so lucky to not have to travel with any others.

CeleBrat

Archived