I am a newbie: can we please start a thread on what not to miss on the Freedom Class?

Hi Everybody!

This will be our first cruise on RCCL. We have always sailed Celebrity.

When it comes to Celebrity I felt like a true "person in the know" when it came to the Millenium class ships. Could we please start a thread on what not to miss and what is special about the Freedom class..... where to go, what to see, what not to miss, what to eat....... I would love to hear it ALL !

MANY THANKS FOR YOUR TIME,

Nadine

The most obvious is the Flow Rider. While I would never do it myself (way too chicken!), you must watch it- it's very entertaining. Some people are very good, and others, well let's just say that it would make a great "bloopers" show!

The dance production shows were the best I have ever seen. Lights and Sets was spectacular.Loved the Ice show.Special guest from Russia that performs with hoops.

The air show was also performed by the dancers. Took a back stage tour and learned how they did many of the acts in air. However the air show is moving to Oasis. Not the show we saw but the riggings.

Don't miss the Captain's Receptions:

* Free champagne (or something else, if you don't like that)

* Really amazing entertainment - On LOS, there are just some spectacular acrobatics - unlike anything you would expect!

And honestly - get a balcony! It is so worth it - one of the best spots on the ship!

they S.!oyare the hot tubs that sit out over both sides of the side of the ship at the pool areas.....they are amazing :D

...and they are for adults only. Absolutely the best! We also loved Sorrentos and Cafe Promenade.

Katink

I was just on the Liberty and although I saw all that was mentioned, I felt I missed alot!!!! I've been on voyager class which is similar, but I still feel there was stuff to see that I missed!!! There just wasn't enough sea days for exploring the ship!!! But I absolutely love what I did see and it was a great cruise!!!:D I am curious as to what others are going to say. Thjen I'll have to check it out another time!

...and they are for adults only. Absolutely the best! We also loved Sorrentos and Cafe Promenade.

Katink

I can't wait until next June for my yummy little sandwiches from Sorrentos I take back up to my cabin after a night if gambling :p:D

If you get a chance, Go from the top of the ship and walk every floor. It is a great way to explore. We do this on almost every ship. I never feel like I have forgotten to see anything. And it is great excercise. :D :D :D

Thats a great idea!

I have sailed on Celebrity allot and love the Millenium ships but I want to try something new. I know every little nook and every fun thing to try and eat etc.... Its so fun to explore a new ship. AND, hear about new ideas.I know 7 days will fly by.

Nadine

I'm going to put in a second vote for the flowrider. I almost chickened out because of all of the people that are watching, but so many people wipeout that it's no big deal. I did the boogie boarding about four times and didn't wipe out once. It was so much fun and the highlight of the ship for me.

Also, on your tv in the room, a channel is dedicated to the flowrider. They have a camera focused on the flowrider, so you can sit in your room and watch all the action all day. It was especially fun watching the people try to do the stand-up surfing.

Another thing that is neat is the kids' H2O zone. I don't have any kids, but it was still quite a sight to see, and made me wish i was a kid. It looked like lots of fun.

Have a great time on your cruise!

We JUST got back last night from Liberty. We will NEVER sail a smaller class ship again. One thing we loved was the fresh water pools! I did the flowrider just to prove to myself that at 32 and having 4 kids I could do it.. and I did! The boogie boarding, not the surfing! The "In the Air" show was amazing as was the ice show. It was a blast!

Archived