Star Flyer Tahiti Photos

budaman

Finally posted some pics to our Gallery from our trip aboard the Star Flyer earlier this month. The link below should take you there.

Mike

http://gallery.mac.com/csealove#100129

Oh Mikey..... You were reading my mind. I was so wishing I could see your photos. lol...... Thanks for posting the link. I shared it with our cruise buddies so they could get in the spirit. lol....... They are lovely. And you found Nemo.... Did you tell him I was coming to see him? lol.....You just got me re-energized for our trip.......lol......Excellent. :D

:) I have a question...I was on the Tahitian Princess with my son and grandaughter, this past January and it was awesome. We have been looking at the Star Clipper. Your pictures are just fantastic. Which one do you prefer, or can you even compare the two? We are definitely going back again and trying to decide which one to go on. Thanks for any info you can give me.

Poolside.....that's a tough question to answer. Depends a lot on age & physical condition. There really isn't anything on the Star Flyer for those that can't entertain themselves. Also, it would be difficult for anyone with mobility issues.....narrow halls & step over doorways. If that doesn't pertain, I would say give the Star Flyer a try. It is much more intimate & relaxed than the Tahitian Princess and we had a feeling of being more involved & in tune with nature and actually being on a boat & not a floating hotel. Don't get me wrong, we had a terrific experience on the Tahitian Princess, but wanted something a bit different & the Star Flyer didn't dissapoint. One other thing, if you have a tendancy for motion sickness, you might have issues with the Star Flyer. Even in smaller swells, you will feel the up & down and side to side motion much more than the larger ships. I never heard anyone complaining of getting sick, but there were a few instances where it induced some quesiness. Neither of us had any issues though except for almost getting bounced out of bed a few times the first night:D You learn quickly to believe the old adage....one hand for the ship, one for yourself. Put it this way, we enjoyed it so much, we are in the planning stages of taking her sister ship, the Star Clipper, to the Far East early in 2010. One final note, dealing with Star Clippers, was a total pleasure. There were no issues with the cruise, air, hotel or transfers and they were always quick, courteous and accurate on any questions we had prior to the cruise.

I am in the process of writing a review & will hopefully get it up in the next week or two.

Mike

Kinka....the first 6 or so pics are from the Sofitel. The grounds & lobby were beautiful.....the rooms were OK. They have carpet in the rooms & halls which were stained & in the climate there not a good choice as they provide an aroma of mustiness. Also, they must not know about grout sealant there....the shower wasn't moldy, but the grout was very dirty. The rooms were also very small. The Radisson was a much nicer hotel overall,especially since they upgraded us to a 2 story suite:D The rooms had bamboo flooring and no internal hallways leading to the rooms. Both hotels pools were very nice, but the beach at the Radisson was also better.

As far as the flora, I believe the yellow one was a type of Hibiscus and the other Ginger......we have many pics of the different flowers from the Botanical Garden, but I didn't want to put too many in the album. If they offer the kayak trip up the Faaroa River on the TP, I would recommend it.

Mike

Archived