****Possible CC group “LIFERS” on Carnival Freedom -JULY 2010***

Pugs

Yeah, DH left this afternoon to drive from so. MD to Richmond VA area and called to tell me to go fill up the cars....gas was over $4.50/gal (and VA is usually much cheaper than MD:eek: ). So, heads up everyone - get your gas before the suppliers up their price:(

Good Evening " Lifers"

Hope all is well.....We if I do the Tees, I am mailing them to everyone before the cruise.....

We can do the same for Mugs or whatever we decide to order for the group....We could find out what postage is and add it to the cost. Unless some one wants to do the way we did this time...;)

Yeah, DH left this afternoon to drive from so. MD to Richmond VA area and called to tell me to go fill up the cars....gas was over $4.50/gal (and VA is usually much cheaper than MD:eek: ). So, heads up everyone - get your gas before the suppliers up their price:(

as is 4 ? here also and in short supply.....My hubby fill up is 125 and I put 75 to 90 in mine ...

Did we decide on firm dates yet and I hope there is going to be single pricing.

Leaving soon to watch some football. Go Bronco's and Packers!!

I think there will be single rates...... I am not worried, I have already let Johna know we will need a few of them...

Looking at the end of July, not a sure date yet, Carvival has not posted date or price yet. Hope soon, you all will be the first to know after me!!!:D

Good morning Lifers!

It is way too early on a Saturday morning for me to be up. Have to go help my sister set up for the yard sale she's having.

What? Martinis? I'm not sure what you are talking about. :p :eek: Tommy made Mike a chocolate one. I tasted it and it was pretty good - just not quite my thing.

If the hotel this time comes even close to the last one we are off to a great start. :D

Pugs - let me know if you have a project for me. Not sure what to volunteer for. :confused:

I will , thanks VA:)

I'll offer to coordinate the pre-cruise hotel again. Though I'll deal directly with the hotels this time, rather than a 3rd party. That made it easy on the front end getting quotes, but those last few weeks were a total nightmare for me getting everyone on the same page. Hopefully we can find just as Fab a place to start off this cruise!

GOOD!!!! The job is yours, you did a really good job last time!!!!!!:D

COME JOIN US!!!!!!

Carnival Freedom, Late July 2010 , Western Caribbean Itinerary ,

FT . Lauderdale Depart.

Colon, Panama

Limon, Costa Rica

As it looks at this time the Carnival Freedom will do this Itinerary, the ship

could change, the Itinerary will be Western, The date we are looking at will be Late July 2010. More on that will come as soon as info. from Carnival is posted.

I need to know who will be interested in a CC Group with the Lifers...

We had a CC group this past July " Lovin' Life on Liberty" it was a blast and we "Lifers" want a replay!!!!!!

COME JOIN US!!!!!!!!

Evening Lifers! and a lil Bump for those on west coast time to get in on what I'm sure will be a great price, and I know is a GREAT group of people!

The jury has reached it's verdict. I am allergic to California. Which is odd, since I didn't used to be. I was very allergic to Georgia and Tennessee. Not so much North Carolina. I would like this very annoying and unproductive cough to stop NOW. Sleep would be nice.

MARTINI? ooooo. I might have enjoyed a martini or two on the Liberty. :D Don't recall anything chocolate though. Me thinks there's a whole world of Martinis out there I've yet to explore.

Hope all our Texas friends n family are safe. Have a good weekend Lifers!

BSQ, I do hope you are better soon, Have you been to the doctor? Maybe you should if it does not go away soon....you need to rest...

Unfortunately, everyone here had the same thought Friday. There was a huge panic here that gas prices were going to shoot up. People were lined up out into the streets waiting for gas. We just came home from dinner and over half the stations we saw are completely out of gas here and the others prices ranged anywhere from 3.99 to 5.34 per gallon for regular at the stations that still had gas.

They are telling people here to please wait and only fill up when needed as the shortage (and subsequent price gouging) only came because everyone ran out to fill up at the same time. People were actually not just filling their cars, but gas cans and trying to fill 2 liter soda bottles. Otherwise it would have only gone up about 20 cents per gallon. We were running at about 3.50 per gallon on Thursday if that's any indication.

Unfortunately, everyone here had the same thought Friday. There was a huge panic here that gas prices were going to shoot up. People were lined up out into the streets waiting for gas. We just came home from dinner and over half the stations we saw are completely out of gas here and the others prices ranged anywhere from 3.99 to 5.34 per gallon for regular at the stations that still had gas.

They are telling people here to please wait and only fill up when needed as the shortage (and subsequent price gouging) only came because everyone ran out to fill up at the same time. People were actually not just filling their cars, but gas cans and trying to fill 2 liter soda bottles. Otherwise it would have only gone up about 20 cents per gallon. We were running at about 3.50 per gallon on Thursday if that's any indication.

What can you say....some people are idiots:rolleyes: As much as I drive (300+ miles to & from work ea week), it really hurts when the cost of gas goes up a lot:( It really sucks when it costs over $60 to fill up a Toyota Camry:eek:

We must be somewhat insulated here on the west coast. Our gas just took a drop in price to $3.68- with my store discount I get it for $3.58 a gallon.

We must be somewhat insulated here on the west coast. Our gas just took a drop in price to $3.68- with my store discount I get it for $3.58 a gallon.

Here in Jersey, too.

I just filled up for $3.25--it was 3.16 last week but I didn't need it.:( - and we don't have to pump our own gas........:p No self-service stations allowed anywhere in the Garden State...and we have some of the lowest gas taxes......

What can you say....some people are idiots:rolleyes: As much as I drive (300+ miles to & from work ea week), it really hurts when the cost of gas goes up a lot:( It really sucks when it costs over $60 to fill up a Toyota Camry:eek:

Hi crooked and eveyone..

I feel your pain, I have an `08 Camry, cost me about the same to fill up here in Ms.

I need money to spend on cruises, not gas.:D

Ed, it is quite cooler here this AM, sorry about your ac.

Here in Jersey' date=' too.

I just filled up for $3.25--it was 3.16 last week but I didn't need it.:( - and we don't have to pump our own gas........:p No self-service stations allowed anywhere in the Garden State...and we have some of the lowest gas taxes......[/quote']

I just can't believe how much cheaper gas is in NJ.....which surprises me since everything else is so much more!!! Whenever I go back home to visit my family and friends, I always forget that you are NOT allowed to pump your own gas and I usually always get out of my car to start pumping! That is a nice service though especially when it is cold out or if its raining.:eek:

Hi crooked and eveyone..

I feel your pain, I have an `08 Camry, cost me about the same to fill up here in Ms.

I need money to spend on cruises, not gas.:D

Ed, it is quite cooler here this AM, sorry about your ac.

Hi 1tuckersmom!

Hope you had a nice weekend getaway.

I have a SUV and boy do I hate filling up that!!! Hubby keeps on suggesting trading my SUV in for something better on gas, but I LOVE my SUV so I am not ready to do that yet.;)

Hi 1tuckersmom!

Hope you had a nice weekend getaway.

I have a SUV and boy do I hate filling up that!!! Hubby keeps on suggesting trading my SUV in for something better on gas, but I LOVE my SUV so I am not ready to do that yet.;)

Hi mahwah,

Thank you, I had a great week-end, just the problem with the gas shortage with people in a panic and ect.

I know about loving your SUV, I had one as well, finally bit the bullet and sold it.

Now I love my Camry.

But hang on as long as you can, I do miss my SUV.

Here in Jersey' date=' too.

I just filled up for $3.25--it was 3.16 last week but I didn't need it.:( - and we don't have to pump our own gas........:p No self-service stations allowed anywhere in the Garden State...and we have some of the lowest gas taxes......

Yeah, I wish I could say that about Maryland - last time I looked (and I try not to do it often, cause it makes me cry:( ) about 40 cents per gallon is taxes here:mad:

Still many stations out of gas here in Western VA. The news just did a story that they are investigating many for price gouging. The chain stations like Kangaroo, Sheetz, and Stop-in have stayed around 3.99 a gallon. Many of the independent ones have jacked their prices up over $5.00 - they found one station with $5.69 regular. They always seem to be located across the street from one that is out of gas so it looks like they are out to take advantage of the situation. :(

I think the last time I filled up I spent $43 but that was three weeks ago. I have an 07 Camry Hybrid and really love it! I am soooo glad I won't have to fight the madness and fill up any time soon.

Archived