****Possible CC group “LIFERS” on Carnival Freedom -JULY 2010***

Pugs

Hey Everyone.

I haven`t been on today until now.

Had to go to the Dentist early today, then to the Dr. this afternoon.

Have to tell my story real quick.

Went on a canoe trip a few weeks back, messed up my shoulder, due to far to much rowing ,and today had to pay the price.

Had to have the dreaded cortizone shot in the shoulder bone, gosh did that smart.

No more gym for me for at least 7 days, maybe 10, have to go for a follow up appt. with the Dr. before he will give me the okay to go back.

Boy will I be sore when I can go back. Oh well the canoe trip was fun.

Pugs sorry about your finger, tell Roxy she is going to have to be kinder to her Mom.:D

Tell John for me that we have something in common, hurt shoulders.

Sharon, welcome back, hello to Crooked halo, Mr. Ed, and all my other new found lifer friends.

Have to say goodnight now and rest the shoulder.

Oh hi vacruzier, did not mean to leave you out.....

I think you and I were typing at the same time.

No worries! Take care of that shoulder. Dh got tendintis in his rotator cuff about 3 years ago from trying to split the wood of an old oak that fell in our yard. It took months to heal and still nags at him now and then. But he also works outside gardening so he overuses it a lot.

Will they let you do other stuff at the gym that doesn't involve your shoulder? Recumbent bike or something like that? I know how hard it is to get back in that gym routine once you stop. I had problems with my back and neck flare back up a year or so ago and have had a really hard time working out again - it just seems to aggravate it more. :( They are finally sending me to a rheumatologist on Thursday to see what is causing all my pain issues and since everything declined so quickly. :( I'm too young to feel this old!!!

Good Morning Everyone!

I can't believe Mr. Ed isn't here yet!!!

Good morning Lifers.:D

Spending time at Mom's house. Dad doesn't have much longer so it'll be far and few between my posting for a while. Hope everyone heals well enough for coffee.....:rolleyes:

Good morning my lifer friends.

Mr. Ed sorry about your Dad, boy can I relate.

My Dad is 87, Mom no longer with us, and I am the only child now.

I am lucky in the sense that he does live just across the driveway from me.

Good luck.

Thankfully my shoulder is better today, maybe the bad needle did it`s job.

Thanks to everyone for the good wishes.

Good Morning Everyone!

I can't believe Mr. Ed isn't here yet!!!

I still can't believe all the back issues, broken fingers, rotator cuffs, shoulders, etc. etc. etc. Hope you all get better soon!!!

Sharon, I better not speak for everyone with all the boo boos, but I think I MIGHT be getting old.

Oh Barbara....ouch!!!!:( Sorry to hear about your finger and Roxy is only 12 lbs....Geez. My Dakota is 75 lbs and he walks me down the street. If he sees another dog or cat, I have a hard time holding onto him...he is so strong. One of these days...I know he will just take off with me hanging onto his leash!:eek:

Just when we thought things can't get any worse......today my father-in-law got moved from the hospital to a nursing home for 3-4 weeks!! The hospital has said they have done all they can do for my father-in-law, insurance will not cover anymore and he needs to be moved to a nursing home where they can continue to administer antibotics and pain meds through IV and insurance will cover it then. So...Dad is quite upset mainly because my mother-in-law went into a nursing home a few years ago and she never came home, she passed away 4 months later. She fell and broke her hip, but the doctors never knew it. (They didn't see it on the X-Rays) Mom was only 64 and Dad is 64 now. He is having a hard time dealing with this. Since David is the oldest, a lot falls back on him. My sister-in-law just got laid off from her job on Friday which is unfortunate, but she will be a big help right now since she is not working. And she knows I will be there for whatever she needs. Thats about it....I just thought I would keep you posted.

Hi Kathy. I didn't check the board for a few days so I just read this. I'm so sorry to hear about your father in law. Hang in there - I know you must be overwhelmed and exhausted from helping out with the boys. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your entire family.

Spending time at Mom's house. Dad doesn't have much longer so it'll be far and few between my posting for a while. Hope everyone heals well enough for coffee.....:rolleyes:

Oh, Ed, so sorry to hear that. We'll keep him in our prayers.

So sorry Ed. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Rita and your entire family.

Good Morning Everyone!:) Coffee is extra good this morning, since it is a chilly day here in Maryland. Our high is only supposed to be 69 degrees. This is my kind of weather (unless I'm cruising, of course)!

Ed, I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I, too, can relate to that and I know it's not easy for you or Rita. Hang in there!

Y'all have a great day. I'm meeting a friend for lunch today!

Maryland Lady, lunch sounds good... May I come with you?

Sorry -- you're too late!!! I'm back now. You didn't miss anything fancy, just the Silver Diner! I just went with one of my buddies that I worked with -- we retired at the same time! YEAH!!! I'll let you know earlier, next time!!!

I was in Mississippi (by mistake) a couple of weeks ago! My sister and I left Graceland and turned the wrong direction. We didn't realize it (probably because we talk too much) until we were past the state line!:eek:

Sharon

Sorry -- you're too late!!! I'm back now. You didn't miss anything fancy, just the Silver Diner! I just went with one of my buddies that I worked with -- we retired at the same time! YEAH!!! I'll let you know earlier, next time!!!

I was in Mississippi (by mistake) a couple of weeks ago! My sister and I left Graceland and turned the wrong direction. We didn't realize it (probably because we talk too much) until we were past the state line!:eek:

Sharon

Maybe the next time for lunch, just my luck, always late.

I can relate to the talking I have that trouble myself.

The next time you are lost in Mississippi, keep driving south and visit me.;)

You would be most welcomed, us Southerns love visitors, ya`ll...

Hi everyone, just checking in. Long day of "w" and then the visit to the rheumatologist. He says fibromyalgia but is running a bunch of blood work to rule out anything else. Wants me to try Lyrica for it. I hate the idea of taking meds every day, though, and I tend to be sensitive to a lot of stuff. But will give it a try - if it gets rid of all this back pain and achy feeling it will be worth it.

Is it cruise time yet? I need to find one for 2009 that's such a good deal DH can't pass it up. :p

Hello Lifers, boy have I been in pain!!!!!! I did more than the finger, I broke my finger where it joins the hand, I have a removeable brace on my finger and hand. BAD ROXY!!!!!! :o

I must read to see what I have missed!!!!

Ed sorry to hear about your DAD, you and Rita take care:) :) .....Remember our prayers are with your family...

I have to sub all next week, I really don't know how I am going to do it , with the finger and hand stuff..

Let me go read and BRB.....

Good afternoon everyone! Page 3 won't do!!!! :eek: I'm still drinking coffee since I had to leave early for an annual eye checkup.

Pugs -- that sounds painful! And by the way -- you are supposed to be retired. It sounds like I should give you some pointers on retirement!!!

Archived