****Possible CC group “LIFERS” on Carnival Freedom -JULY 2010***

Pugs

Good Morning Sleepy Head Lifers! Indeed it's a lovely day. FRIDAY!!!

I'll take a grande decaf non fat, no whip peppermint mocha twist and one cruise price please :D

Geeze, that's a mouthfull for a cup o coffee. I know I know, barely can be considered coffee, but my first sip walking back from Starbucks this morning was one of those where you siiiiigh and say out loud "mmmmm".

Good Evening " Lifers"......

I am checking in, I am on my way to a ( get this) football game... My son's school has a home game tonight.... I have to suport them, so out the door for now!!!!!!

no :( but I've seen several ships come n go. Or I guess one ship come n go several times . each time, I'm not on it!! :mad: :D

Morning Lifers! 60 degrees here with the sun warming up the sand. Taking my coffee out to the patio to enjoy the morning! Hope y'all have a good one!

Good morning Lifers. :D I got coffee on and even a Diet Coke (without Rum) for 1tuckersmom. Come on over..... :cool:

Thanks Ed, so sorry I am late.

Diet coke was great.

Where are the other Lifers today, must be out enjoying the Fall weather.

Real nice here.

Good morning Lifers. Happy "V" Day.....:D:D

Yes - thanks to all those vets out there. :)

Tried to sleep in this morning and the darn cat had to go and wake me up. :rolleyes: It was like he wanted to be fed or something. :p

Oh well, back to the "W" place tomorrow.

Good Morning Lifers...

I missed Ed`s diet coke w/o Rum this morning, but do I ever need the rum added today.

Just got an e-mail that our Feb. 25th. Miracle cruise has been cancelled. She is going into dry dock due to some problem.

I was so upset reading the e-mail I`m not even sure what the problem is.

Here is my big problem, just hope the Lifers here will not mind me venting on them this morning.

# 1 this is the only time we would be able to Cruise as I work durning Tax season for a CPA and this was the only down time i would have durning tax season.

This is a stressful job and the gal we work for insist we all take a week or so for me time.

All the girls in the office chose our time before the season starts, so the reason I can not go early or later.

# 2 I booked our airfare with FF miles, so will just lose those I guess, and all our pre & post cruise rooms was booked thru Priceline, so that money is out the window.

I know this is the chance you take booking this way, I took a chance and lost.:(

I have travel Insurance but this will not help me with my problems.

Sorry this is so long, but thanks for listening.

Hope everyone is having a better day than me.:D

Good Morning Lifers...

I missed Ed`s diet coke w/o Rum this morning, but do I ever need the rum added today.

Just got an e-mail that our Feb. 25th. Miracle cruise has been cancelled. She is going into dry dock due to some problem.

I was so upset reading the e-mail I`m not even sure what the problem is.

Here is my big problem, just hope the Lifers here will not mind me venting on them this morning.

# 1 this is the only time we would be able to Cruise as I work durning Tax season for a CPA and this was the only down time i would have durning tax season.

This is a stressful job and the gal we work for insist we all take a week or so for me time.

All the girls in the office chose our time before the season starts, so the reason I can not go early or later.

# 2 I booked our airfare with FF miles, so will just lose those I guess, and all our pre & post cruise rooms was booked thru Priceline, so that money is out the window.

I know this is the chance you take booking this way, I took a chance and lost.:(

I have travel Insurance but this will not help me with my problems.

Sorry this is so long, but thanks for listening.

Hope everyone is having a better day than me.:D

I am so sorry about your cruise!!! That's terrible! Can Carnival move you to another ship sailing around those dates? I know the Miracle leaves midweek, but could you adjust by a little and try the Liberty or Valor or Freedom since they all sail from nearby? Your travel insurance should cover your hotels and the flight change fees - Carnival may also pay for your flight change fees. If you can't go at all then they should reimburse you for the hotels at least and change fees to use the airfare another time.

Hope something works out for you. If you can go the first week of January you can always come on the Glory with us! :D

Thank you vacruiser so much for the offer to sail with you, I would love to but that is busy, busy season for us.

TAX!!!!

That being the problem too, with not being able to sail another date.

Will see what happens,I have a call in to Insurance now. and have had an e-mail from our pvp, she is calling later today.

Thanks for helping me feel better, do look forward to meeting you on the Freedom in 2010.

Thank you vacruiser so much for the offer to sail with you, I would love to but that is busy, busy season for us.

TAX!!!!

That being the problem too, with not being able to sail another date.

Will see what happens,I have a call in to Insurance now. and have had an e-mail from our pvp, she is calling later today.

Thanks for helping me feel better, do look forward to meeting you on the Freedom in 2010.

I do hope something works out!!! I was practically down on my knees begging my boss when I booked the first lifers cruise - our usual rule is no month-end vacations since that's our busy time in the mortgage world. Lucklily she understood since it was our 10th anniversary cruise and said yes! Maybe your boss will be nice and let you go a few days early so you could leave that weekend beforehand?

Good evening "Lifers", I have not been around much, I Know:o, however I have had the flu, I much have gotten it from a child at school, I sure hope I don't get that again. What a way to lose lbs!!!!!!

What have I missed????

1tuckersmom , I am so sorry to hear about your cruise....

I hope something works out for you, I know about tax time , my hubby is a CPA.....

Carnival Freedom, Late July 2010 , Western Caribbean Itinerary ,

FT . Lauderdale Depart.

Colon, Panama

Limon, Costa Rica

As it looks at this time the Carnival Freedom will do this Itinerary, the ship

could change, the Itinerary will be Western, The date we are looking at will be Late July 2010. More on that will come as soon as info. from Carnival is posted.

I need to know who will be interested in a CC Group with the Lifers...

We had a CC group this past July " Lovin' Life on Liberty" it was a blast and we "Lifers" want a replay!!!!!!

I sure do need a cruise!!!!!!!!:):):):)

Jan. 3rd is only a short time away and you can drive to Pt.Canaveral easy! :p

I'm not having much success convincing anyone to join us - I'm afraid we'll get onboard and while I know we'll have a great time, it just won't be the same without all the Lifers!

Good Evening Lifers!!!!

How is everyone? It's been awhile since I have posted last......these days have been flying by and I am NOT ready for the holidays.

Kaitlyn had a cheer competition down at the University of Miami last Sunday. Her squad won first place, BUT we thought Kaitlyn broke her ankle!!:eek: At the end of the night, she was wheeled out in a wheelchair. Luckily, she only had a bad sprain. She twisted her ankle during her routine, but kept on going. Her ankle is pretty swollen right now and bruised, but she will survive.......its always something...I was just glad she didn't hurt her back. We still have 2 more competitions, one this Sunday and another one the following Sunday.

Kaitlyn came home from school very excited today. She started basketball cheerleading practice today and the coach pulled her aside to tell her that she made captain of the squad. We were happy for her.;)

Does anyone have any exciting plans for Thanksgiving? We usually spend our Thanksgiving at Disney's campground, but just decided last week, to postpone our Thanksgiving trip until next Thanksgiving. FIL is still not feeling well and he was suppose to go with us this year so I suggested to hubby about postponing it until next year. He agreed. Looks like Thanksgiving dinner will be at my house this year.......any lifers need a place to go for Thanksgiving dinner....come on over!!! I always say, the more, the merrier.:D

Ed and Rita.......welcome back from your cruise...you were missed, but I am sure you had an awesome time.

1tuckersmom....how is the Christmas shopping coming along? I have only 2 gifts so far and its for Kaitlyn. Of course, she only wants expensive stuff. I wish she was still into Barbies!!!!:rolleyes: I am a non coffee drinker too, but can't do diet coke.....it MUST be regular coke!! The only time I have diet coke, its with rum and at Dafell's house!:D I am sorry to hear about your cruise ...that stinks! Well, you can always still come to Fort Lauderdale anyway so you don't loose any money on your hotel rooms or loose your miles for your flights. We have some beautiful beaches down here.

Vacruizer.....sorry to hear that your cat kept you from sleeping in on your day off. I know exactly how you are feeling. I have a 75lb lab that does not let me sleep in. He wants to play 24/7!!!!! He drives me bananas, but he is so darn cute.....I can't stay mad at him.

Pugs.....hope you are feeling better...the flu is no fun!:(

Reammi.....where are you? Its been ages since you have posted...hope all is well. I am sure you are busy with the girls and cheerleading.

Okay.....I need to ask your opinions...Kaitlyn thinks we are the worst parents right now because she was invited to her friends sweet 16 party at a Fort Lauderdale night club, some concert there and we won't let her go. No adult supervision and this is an "all ages" welcome nightclub. And...its not in the nicest area of town. We explained to her that we feel this isn't the best place for 15/16 years olds to hang out. Besides Kaitlyn looks older than she really is and we don't need 25 year olds trying to hit on her. She asked hubby this morning, "Why do you have to be such loving parents!!" It was funny. She was trying to be all sweet and nice to him hoping he will change his mind and he told her the answer is still no. Of course, I feel bad because some of her friends are going, but I am sure some of these girls parents don't even know about this nightclub. Kaitlyn thinks we are being too over-protected!! Sorry....but, I just needed to vent to my lifer friends.

I know I posted a lot, but as some of you already know.....I LOVE to talk and I haven't posted in awhile!!!

Hey Mahwah! Welcome back!!!

I agree with you on the nightclub thing. I think back to my college days spent hanging out in nightclubs and there are always some unsavory characters - even in the nicer clubs. No way would I let a 16 year old go to an all ages club. Way too easy for someone to slip something into her drink or something like that. I still wonder that I never had anything happen any worse than it did to me and I was in my early 20s. I did get hit in the head really hard one time during a concert where some idiots decided to "slam-dance" - I blacked out for a little while and I was not even drinking. Just standing off to the side trying to watch the band. Most people don't want to admit it but drugs are also pretty freely around in most nightclubs.

Archived