****Possible CC group “LIFERS” on Carnival Freedom -JULY 2010***

Pugs

I am here! I am jealous of that Florida warmth right now! Our weather has been similar to Gary's - windy, cold, on and off rain and snow showers. Yesterday was mid-thirties and a cooooold rain. :( Looking forward to heading south in a few weeks. Of course the last time I went to Florida in the winter it ended up being 42 degrees with a 30mph wind! :p

I am here! I am jealous of that Florida warmth right now! Our weather has been similar to Gary's - windy, cold, on and off rain and snow showers. Yesterday was mid-thirties and a cooooold rain. :( Looking forward to heading south in a few weeks. Of course the last time I went to Florida in the winter it ended up being 42 degrees with a 30mph wind! :p

I will keep my fingers crossed that you have nice weather in Florida for your visit.... It is a little cold outside right now.... I live by the water we always have a little wind...

Evening Lifers! WHOOO HOOOO! No more W for me for the week!

I somewhat settled my vacation decisions and settled on the CC group going on the Splendor in April. The weather nixed the volcanoe trip for now. Will have to settle for a w-trip in Feb to the islands... least that's when they tell me I have to go back. :rolleyes:

SNOW ? No thanks! It's gotten a bit cooler here. I did have to put my flannel sheets on the other night. :)

Hey Mahwah! Welcome back!!!

I agree with you on the nightclub thing. I think back to my college days spent hanging out in nightclubs and there are always some unsavory characters - even in the nicer clubs. No way would I let a 16 year old go to an all ages club. Way too easy for someone to slip something into her drink or something like that. I still wonder that I never had anything happen any worse than it did to me and I was in my early 20s. I did get hit in the head really hard one time during a concert where some idiots decided to "slam-dance" - I blacked out for a little while and I was not even drinking. Just standing off to the side trying to watch the band. Most people don't want to admit it but drugs are also pretty freely around in most nightclubs.

Hey Vacruizer!!!

I have been slackin' again...haven't been on in awhile and I just finished reading all of the posts. Thanks for your opinion on the night club thing. Kaitlyn got over it...she had no choice, we weren't giving in. I told her the same thing that someone could easily slip something into her drink, the same thing with her being on the ship running around late at night. She was upset with us on the cruise because we wouldn't let her stay out all night. Hubby told her after 1am, nothing good can come out of her running around the ship. The friends she met while on board, begged me the last night to let Kaitlyn stay out all night, but we told her no. She thought we were the meanest parents!!! LOL

Good morning Lifers. :D Coffee's ready along with any other beverage you'd like to bring.

Mahwah - Stick to your guns. Nice to hear that some are taking the reasponsibilty of child rearing seriously. :) Thumbs up for you!!

Thanks Mr. Ed!!! How is your darling wife doing? Getting ready for Thanksgiving?;)

Kaitlyn, better take care of that ankle!!!!

Thank God Kaitlyn's ankle heeled pretty quickly...nothing like her back!!:(

You'll like this......last night Kaitlyn had her cheerleading banquet and her junior coach thought up an award for each girl...she gave Kaitlyn "The Aches and Pains" Award...the coach mentioned how this cheerleader got hurt and was out for a few weeks, everything was fine, she was all better and then she sprained her ankle during a competition and had to be wheeled out in a wheelchair. It was funny. 7 girls on her squad got special trophies and Kaitlyn got one of them for Best Attitude. That was a shocker to us because Kaitlyn has the BIGGEST attitude. She was happy since she was recognized because this her last year with the Optimist club, they can only cheer with this program until they are 15 years old. Its sad because we have made a lot of friends along the way. Kaitlyn will go back next year to junior coach and I was asked to coach a squad. I said I would do it, but DH said, ABSOLUTELY NOT!! Too much drama for him!:eek:

I enjoy the socializing part so I have time to work on hubby.

kaitlyn came home from school very excited today. She started basketball cheerleading practice today and the coach pulled her aside to tell her that she made captain of the squad. We were happy for her.;)

great job!!!!!!:)

thanks!!!!

I don't like the nightclub thing, John would not be going, no way, I know our kids are good, however there is no way of telling how many things could happen, we have to keep our eye on our babies....

Barbara, I am so glad you said that and I made sure I told Kaitlyn too. She was telling me all about her friends that would be allowed to go and she even said, "I am sure John's Mom would allow him to go!" I told her it is different with boys!!!! Yes, our kids are good, but we have to worry about the other crazy people out there!!!:rolleyes: They don't understand that.

Barbara,

Just read that you were in the hospital for 5 days with the flu......I am sooo sorry to hear that, but I hope you are feeling better. At least you are home just in time for Thanksgiving......I hope you don't have to cook.

I have been busy Christmas shopping...I got a lot done!!!!:p Now, I have to start wrapping. My dad is driving down from upstate NY, he will arrive at our house on Friday so I thought if I could get all of my shopping done for everyone up North, I can send it home with him......it will save me on shipping.:D

Kaitlyn went to her homecoming on the 15th...she just went with a bunch of friends. She looked beautiful.......she looked so grown up...can't believe how fast these years go!:(

I see that you'll be in Orlando during Christmas for John's baseball...let us know when you'll be down this way...Palm Beach, Jupiter, Ft. Lauderdale....wherever and maybe we can hook up.;)

Take care of yourself and make sure you get plenty of rest...feel better real soon!!!!! Wishing you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving!

We had a few inches this morning but now it is turning to a rain mess :(

I am so ready for that June cruise!!!!!! We will be in Ft Lauderdale in a few weeks for Christmas and plan to see the Davids and there family's while there. Should be a hoot!!

YES GARY!!!! We are so looking forward to seeing you and Lisa and of course Stewart and Katie. You'll have to let us know what you and Lisa like to drink!!:D This is going to be such a hoot, you are right!!! Hopefully the weather will be warm enough for you.

Good morning Lifers. :D

Thanks Mr. Ed!!! How is your darling wife doing? Getting ready for Thanksgiving?;)

Rita is doing great. My Thanksgiving came 3/4/05 and I thank every day since that date. DW was sent to me and I am thankful for it.:)

Good morning Lifers. :D

Rita is doing great. My Thanksgiving came 3/4/05 and I thank every day since that date. DW was sent to me and I am thankful for it.:)

Awwwwwwww.......Mr. Ed you are soooo sweet!!!!;)

Rita is lucky to have you!!!:)

Archived