****Possible CC group “LIFERS” on Carnival Freedom -JULY 2010***

Pugs

Well.....just got a call from Kaitlyn's cheer coach, practice is cancelled for tonight due to freeze warning!!!:eek:

Jjay...I am sure you can't wait until the Spring..snow is nice, but it can get old after awhile!! Be careful out there.

BSQ....Good luck with the job search, I am sure you'll find something.;)

Page 2 rescue for you. I like your screen name. I am orginally from Maryland, Baltimore. Have you ever heard of Carney or Parkville. Carney is where I lived and my parent's business was in Parkville.

Hi there! I was just going through this thread, hadn't been here in a few days! Just saw your post. I have never heard of Carney, but I have heard of Parkville. In fact, we have a really nice guy that posts on this thread everynow and then that, although he lives in Ohio, he considers Parkville home. He grew up there!!!!

Well.....just got a call from Kaitlyn's cheer coach, practice is cancelled for tonight due to freeze warning!!!:eek:

Jjay...I am sure you can't wait until the Spring..snow is nice, but it can get old after awhile!! Be careful out there.

BSQ....Good luck with the job search, I am sure you'll find something.;)

I thought it was bad when we were in Sarasota a few years ago in March and it was 42 degrees!!! :eek: Bundle up! Florida is not supposed to be that cold - especially as far south as you are!

As cold as it's been here I'm not so sure about this global warming thing! We normally have cold weather here in the winter but it's more broken up -you'll have a cold day or two, then some days in the 50s or sometimes warmer, then maybe a little more cold, etc. This year has been straight cold since about November 1st. We got down to 3 degrees here Friday night which is really cold for us - normal night lows are upper 20s here this time of year.

Freeze Warning???:confused:???? Did you say freeze warning??? OMG!:eek: It's Florida for goodness sake! I thought the globe was warming!

YES!!! I said Freeze Warning. I just came back from my 3 mile walk with my neighbor, we were all bundled up and I was still freezing!!!:eek:

I thought it was bad when we were in Sarasota a few years ago in March and it was 42 degrees!!! :eek: Bundle up! Florida is not supposed to be that cold - especially as far south as you are!

As cold as it's been here I'm not so sure about this global warming thing! We normally have cold weather here in the winter but it's more broken up -you'll have a cold day or two, then some days in the 50s or sometimes warmer, then maybe a little more cold, etc. This year has been straight cold since about November 1st. We got down to 3 degrees here Friday night which is really cold for us - normal night lows are upper 20s here this time of year.

You must have been disappointed going to Sarasota and it was 42 degrees. Well, we do get our cold days. In fact in November, we had several cold days, I think it was cold for like 2 weeks straight. Normally it doesn't stay that cold for long. Saturday it is suppose to be something like 74 degrees, we shall see!:confused:

You must have been disappointed going to Sarasota and it was 42 degrees. Well, we do get our cold days. In fact in November, we had several cold days, I think it was cold for like 2 weeks straight. Normally it doesn't stay that cold for long. Saturday it is suppose to be something like 74 degrees, we shall see!:confused:

LOL - we were looking forward to a nice warm weekend. We had a beach wedding to go to - attire was listed as sundresses for ladies and shorts/aloha shirts for guys. We about froze our tails off - especially once it got dark and it was windy, too!!! I hadn't even brought a coat - just a light hoodie sweatshirt I wore on the plane!

74 sounds nice - I am ready for spring!

LOL - we were looking forward to a nice warm weekend. We had a beach wedding to go to - attire was listed as sundresses for ladies and shorts/aloha shirts for guys. We about froze our tails off - especially once it got dark and it was windy, too!!! I hadn't even brought a coat - just a light hoodie sweatshirt I wore on the plane!

74 sounds nice - I am ready for spring!

LOL!!! A beach wedding? That bride must have been so upset, I know I would be. But...nothing ever goes as planned. The attire sounded perfect, but maybe in warmer weather..thats unusual for March to be that cold...you just never know!:rolleyes:

It was really cold here this morning, I didn't even want to get out of bed, I was sooo cold. We had the freeze warning until 9am this morning.:confused:

Is it too late to get our name on the list? 5 people, two cabins. A wedding. :)

I should clarify - 3 adults, one 16 year old and 1 11 year old. :) My fiancee are looking for a great cruise for us to get married and I think this might be the one

Morning Lifers! Coffee's On!

Thanks for all the well wishes....I'm certain all will be fine. It was a calculated risk signing on with such a small unknown company, so I've been prepared for this for quite some time. Now that I have a little time on my hands, it's really hard to not put myself on one of those ships I see come into port each week.

Welcome dbogusch! Sit n join us for some coffee as we wait for prices! (and wait and wait and wait) :D

Morning Lifers! Coffee's On!

Thanks for all the well wishes....I'm certain all will be fine. It was a calculated risk signing on with such a small unknown company, so I've been prepared for this for quite some time. Now that I have a little time on my hands, it's really hard to not put myself on one of those ships I see come into port each week.

Welcome dbogusch! Sit n join us for some coffee as we wait for prices! (and wait and wait and wait) :D

Awesome. Glad I'm not too late! My name is Diane and my fiancee is Joe. We live in Ohio. We are going on the Pride out of Baltimore this June 6th but will be doing this cruise next summer and (hopefully) getting married onboard. :)

Is it too late to get our name on the list? 5 people, two cabins. A wedding. :)

Its NEVER too late!!:D

Welcome to our group. We all cruised together this past summer on the Liberty and we are looking forward to our next cruise together.

Pugs (Barbara) is our group leader and she'll add your name to our list as soon as she checks in.;)

We have a lot of kids in our group.....my daughter will be 16 in June.

mahwah -- It's 50 degrees here!!!!!:D Maybe spring is coming???? LOL

dbogusch -- welcome to our group! As mahwah said, we had a great time with a bunch of great folks on the Liberty. We're looking forward to this one, too!

It's the weekend!!!! YEAH!!!

danceparty.gif

Oh -- what do I care about the weekend for? I'm retired -- it's always the weekend!!!!:rolleyes:

Its NEVER too late!!:D

Welcome to our group. We all cruised together this past summer on the Liberty and we are looking forward to our next cruise together.

Pugs (Barbara) is our group leader and she'll add your name to our list as soon as she checks in.;)

We have a lot of kids in our group.....my daughter will be 16 in June.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. You guys and gals sound like a great group. My son will be excited that there will be other teens his age.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. You guys and gals sound like a great group. My son will be excited that there will be other teens his age.

Hi there! Welcome to the group - these guys are all great and sooo much fun to sail with - the cruise I just came back from wasn't the same without them!

Hopefully we'll have pricing soon - it's been a loooong wait. :D

Hi there! Welcome to the group - these guys are all great and sooo much fun to sail with - the cruise I just came back from wasn't the same without them!

Hopefully we'll have pricing soon - it's been a loooong wait. :D

I see that! It took me a LONG time to read the whole post before I made my decision. When big groups go like that do they normally get a pretty good rate?

I see that! It took me a LONG time to read the whole post before I made my decision. When big groups go like that do they normally get a pretty good rate?

Hi Diane and welcome to the group. The rates are usually good when booking as part of a large group but Carnival is "hedging" their bets right now so who knows? The best of this group is the morning coffee meet on board. I say this because I am almost always there and the ship is quite. :p A great time to converse and catch up.

See ya there. :D:D

Hi Diane and welcome to the group. The rates are usually good when booking as part of a large group but Carnival is "hedging" their bets right now so who knows? The best of this group is the morning coffee meet on board. I say this because I am almost always there and the ship is quite. :p A great time to converse and catch up.

See ya there. :D:D

Hm, I might not be my best at a morning coffee meet just because I tend to stay up late on a cruise. :) However, I'm sure I can always go back and take a nap later. :)

Hm, I might not be my best at a morning coffee meet just because I tend to stay up late on a cruise. :) However, I'm sure I can always go back and take a nap later. :)

LOL - I said the same thing and ended up there almost every morning. I was usually a latecomer, though. :p

Don't know how prices will be this time but we had a great rate on the last cruise for a summer sailing. The groups also usually get some kind of "perks" like onboard credit or other goodies.

BSQ also got us a great rate on a fantastic hotel for the night before - not sure how she did it but it was great!

I was usually a latecomer to coffee as well. I was one of the few Lifers on West Coast time. Fond memories every time I open my cupboard and see my Lifer mugs. :D

awww shucks, t'was nothing on the hotel. :)

LOL - I said the same thing and ended up there almost every morning. I was usually a latecomer, though. :p

Don't know how prices will be this time but we had a great rate on the last cruise for a summer sailing. The groups also usually get some kind of "perks" like onboard credit or other goodies.

BSQ also got us a great rate on a fantastic hotel for the night before - not sure how she did it but it was great!

Yay, at least I won't be the only one looking like something the cat drug in. lol

Archived