Date of actual sailing?

Ninabelina

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help? We are on the Voyager sailing from Funchal to Fort Lauderdale. We embark on the 23rd of Nov 2008 but from the brochure I see she docks on the 22nd and it appears like she has 2 nights in Funchal. Does she actually sail on the 23rd or the 24th?? If it is the 24th, what time of day will she sail. This will help plan our holiday as we have the previous 2 nights in Funchal prior to boarding. Someone out there will know for sure.

My second question is, will the crossing be rough? we are at the bow of the ship and I think that it could be interesting if we have rough seas! I would rather the sea be calm!

And finally and has anyone any idea of the temperature as we cross?

Thank you.

According to the Regent website:

http://www.rssc.com/voyage/details.jsp?code=VOY081123

Nov 23 Sunday Funchal Madeira Portugal Country Club Casual Departs 17:00

So, that means the ship will be ready to leave and all aboard by about 4:30pm and they expect to sail at 5pm on the 23rd. Of course, since you are embarking on the 23rd and the ship is there overnight, you can probably board/check in around noon and then go back out for the afternoon if you choose.

As to the weather and seas, anything can happen. It can be rough or you may get lucky and it will be all smooth sailing. I don't think anyone can really predict with much accuracy. I expect it will be on the cool side outdoors. Plus remember that you are pretty much sailing at speed for your entire cruise and it will be windy on decks constantly.

Debbie

Archived