Caribbean Princess 8/15 review

superdxa

Nice review, thanks for taking the time to write it up.

WOW, I will join the others and wonder what those 'candle people' were thinking? Good heavens, that could have been a real disaster. Sounds like you had a 'great group' onboard. LOL But it also sounds like that didn't hamper the cruise too much.

Thanks for the review. For Traditional Dining, was there open seating the first night or assigned seating? For formal nights, what percentage of men were in tuxedos and what percentage in suits? Thanks for any information you can provide.

Thanks for your review.

All I can say is - what idiots. Lighting a candle.

During the Muster drill they tell you "No Candles"

Guess they weren't listening or didn't care....:rolleyes:

My money is on "DIDN'T CARE"

BTW - You can get lunch in the dining room on embarkation day - it is a Princess published policy - they will try to divert you to the buffet, but you have to persist and you will get a table.

Ron

Do you remember which dining room serves lunch on embarkation day?

The crew ran up to the cabin in about 2minutes. We were trying to get to our room but they put up fire safety doors around the area of the incident.

I wish I took a picture of the door before they replaced it, it was like smudged charcoal all over the front of it.

I honestly believe if we were not on our way home, they would have kicked them off the ship in the next port.

*Can't really comment on the shows, didn't go to production ones.

Thanks for a great review.

Can't beleive that they would have a lit candle adn then on top of that leave it unattended. Just glad that no one was hurt. I would vote (if we had a vote) to not let them back on another cruise!

We're on the CB on 12/14. I guess I understand about not having candles in the room, after all that is stupid. But I can still take my tiki torches for the balcony, right? :D

And your propane or charcoal grill, gas oventop for making bananas foster, citronella candles - OH - and a portable firepit for roasting marsmellows!! LOL

Ron

And your propane or charcoal grill, gas oventop for making bananas foster, citronella candles - OH - and a portable firepit for roasting marsmellows!! LOL

Ron

No need for the citronella candles, I plan on using citronella fuel in the torches. I do like the fire pit idea though...good for ambiance and for grilling leftovers.

No need for the citronella candles, I plan on using citronella fuel in the torches. I do like the fire pit idea though...good for ambiance and for grilling leftovers.

It also makes the smokers upwind of you take notice!! I also take a small fan to blow it back at the smokers if necessary.

Ron

Archived