Teens on RCL ships over spring break

katgilm

Are there a lot of teenagers (15 to 17) on the RCL ships over spring break? (Yes, I know there will be a lot of teenagers but one member of our group doesn't believe me, since I've never sailed RCL, and asked me to post this question!) So for those who sailed RCL over spring break, will you reply so I can reassure my friend that there will be lots of teenagers.

Thanks!

Kathi

Are there a lot of teenagers (15 to 17) on the RCL ships over spring break? (Yes, I know there will be a lot of teenagers but one member of our group doesn't believe me, since I've never sailed RCL, and asked me to post this question!) So for those who sailed RCL over spring break, will you reply so I can reassure my friend that there will be lots of teenagers.

Thanks!

Kathi

Yup. Lots of college kids as well. Lots of little kids, middle school, etc. It's spring break. Like a holiday sailing, it's a given that there will be a ton of kids.

Thanks!

Kathi

Kathi,

You bet there will be lots of teenagers and small children. One year we sailed on the last week of Feb/1st week of March and the CD announced that on our particular cruise there were about 90 children...but the next week (Spring Break) there were 700 scheduled.

That's why we ALWAYS cruise last week of February or wait until April. We've also been on a cruise in May when it was a high school senior trip. You couldn't get into the Disco as they had the run of it :mad: .

URL=http://www.cruisecritic.com]countdown.pl?name=Texas2Steppers&date=9-7-2008&image=Beach-2&text=Ready to roll!&ship=Adventure of the Seas[/url]

Thanks!

Kathi

:( Spring break, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. Not just RCL but, all cruise lines.:eek:

Thanks!

Kathi

There will be plenty of teens onboard with their families over spring break, but not as many of the college age crowd. Most colleges [at least around me] have their spring breaks earlier than the elementary thru high school breaks. So if you travel on the same week that 15-17 year olds are on break, most college age teens will be back in school. I travel on spring break [k-12] every year and there are many families, however I barely notice them onboard. For the most part they are as well behaved as their parents [except for a few elevater pranksters that were on my last cruise]

I have a question:

We are booked on the Explorer for 3/15/09, which is smack in the middle of spring break, since it really goes from Feb through March, right? Our cruise is a 12-night one, and I'm thinking the families and college students don't usually take the longer cruises, because they only have a week off. Is my thinking correct?

I'm not too worried about it. We usually don't frequent the pool deck, and like to sit out on Deck 5, so we won't be in a lot of places where there will be noise, etc. (I hope).

I have a question:

We are booked on the Explorer for 3/15/09, which is smack in the middle of spring break, since it really goes from Feb through March, right? Our cruise is a 12-night one, and I'm thinking the families and college students don't usually take the longer cruises, because they only have a week off. Is my thinking correct?

I'm not too worried about it. We usually don't frequent the pool deck, and like to sit out on Deck 5, so we won't be in a lot of places where there will be noise, etc. (I hope).

Actually it goes from mid- March through April in CA...Never heard of Feb out here...

I have a question:

Our cruise is a 12-night one, and I'm thinking the families and college students don't usually take the longer cruises, because they only have a week off. Is my thinking correct?

There will definitely be less college kids on a cruise that long; actually more than likely there will be NO college kids...not sure I can say the same for families with children though.

I think it's pretty safe to say that your cruise will be on the quiet side. :)

Actually it goes from mid- March through April in CA...Never heard of Feb out here...

I think it was Merion Mom who kindly provided this url a while back. There's about 400,000 college students who start in Feb. CA is usually on the late end of Spring Break, and public schools are just before or just after Easter.

There will definitely be less college kids on a cruise that long; actually more than likely there will be NO college kids...not sure I can say the same for families with children though.

I think it's pretty safe to say that your cruise will be on the quiet side. :)

Thank you, halos; you're an "angel"!! :D :D

I think it was Merion Mom who kindly provided this url a while back. There's about 400,000 college students who start in Feb. CA is usually on the late end of Spring Break, and public schools are just before or just after Easter.

ok, more college kids than I though!:D My son just started college today, and his break is the first week of March.

I remember when Merion Mom did that, she needs to post that again sometime soon to keep us all refreshed :p

Archived