The difference between the Holiday and Fantasy

1sttimer2009

For a first time experience I would chose the Holiday, if for no other reason that its going to be your last chance to experience this small hometown-like ship. The Fantasy will be around for a long time to come and is getting renovated with the water park so I would save it for your 2nd cruise experience :)

The Holiday has worn gaudy decor while the Fantasy is said to be decorated with Beer cans, milk cans, tires and cat food. I still haven't figured that out yet. :confused:

Perhaps morbid curiosity may overcome me and I may sail the Fantasy for no other reason than to see what a supposed luxury cruise ship looks like with junkyard decor.

Also the Fantasy has an atrium and the Holiday does not.

Good luck with whichever one you choose.

The Holiday has worn gaudy decor while the Fantasy is said to be decorated with Beer cans, milk cans, tires and cat food. I still haven't figured that out yet. :confused:

Perhaps morbid curiosity may overcome me and I may sail the Fantasy for no other reason than to see what a supposed luxury cruise ship looks like with junkyard decor.

Also the Fantasy has an atrium and the Holiday does not.

Good luck with whichever one you choose.

Here we go again kick.gif

Which one is the best, I thought I had picked the Holiday but I can now get a flight to N.O. so I might choose the Fantasy. Which one do you think is better for a first-time experience?

The Fantasy class ships are basically an enlarged version of the Holiday class. The Fantasy is about 100 feet longer, and 25,000 gross tons larger. The biggest difference would be that the Fantasy class has a cental lobby and Atrium area. Otherwise, they are more the same than they are different.

The Holiday is great for first time cruisers. Its alot smaller then the Fantasy class ships at 46,000 gross tons. Hurry up and get your bookings because she won't be with us much longer as she will be sold to Carnivals sister company out of Spain.

Fred

How many times are you going to mention this? Have you even bothered to look at the photos of the Cat's Lounge, so that you can see how adorable the decor is? It's one of our favorite lounges to show people when we take them on a cruise on the Fantasy - it's whimsical and creative and brings a smile to everyone's face.

To the OP - I'd say go with the Fantasy - the Holiday is very small, lacks an atrium, and feels a bit cramped. The lido deck restaurant, in particular, is extremely cramped compared to other ships. With the drydock coming up for Fantasy, IMO that's an all around better choice. And you also can stay a few days in NOLA, which will make your trip even better!

How many times are you going to mention this? Have you even bothered to look at the photos of the Cat's Lounge, so that you can see how adorable the decor is? It's one of our favorite lounges to show people when we take them on a cruise on the Fantasy - it's whimsical and creative and brings a smile to everyone's face.

To the OP - I'd say go with the Fantasy - the Holiday is very small, lacks an atrium, and feels a bit cramped. The lido deck restaurant, in particular, is extremely cramped compared to other ships. With the drydock coming up for Fantasy, IMO that's an all around better choice. And you also can stay a few days in NOLA, which will make your trip even better!

There are a couple on every thread. For whatever reason they can't let something drop and they think negative remarks with scarcasm will make an impression. It usually does, but not the kind the poster hoped to make.

NIta

The decorative theme for the CATS Lounge on the Fantasy is based on the set of the stage from the Broadway musical CATS. It's not meant to be a big mystery.

The decorative theme for the CATS Lounge on the Fantasy is based on the set of the stage from the Broadway musical CATS. It's not meant to be a big mystery.

You are assuming some folks have that capability. :D

I would select the Fantasy, if your plans are to sail after Sept 2008.

The Fantasy goes through the Evolutions of Fun drydock in Sept. and will be a "new" ship with the added Adults Serenity Area and new Waterpark.

We have sailed on both multiple times and sadly last December the Holiday simply was not up to par.

I just booked a cruise on the Fantasy for two friends and myself. Since I've been on the Sensation, I know what to expect....but I'm really looking forward to all the new things they'll be adding during dry dock time.

The Holiday is a fine ship. I've enjoyed five cruises on her. Don't let someone's negativity stop you!:rolleyes:

I didn't see the Broadway Musical CATS.

I can figure out what Milk Cans & Cat food have to do with Cats, but what role does the beer cans and tires play? :confused:

Wish Ala-Kat was here to 'splain that to me. Where is that girl when you need her?

Night and day. The Holiday is hanging on and it in a different era from the newer ships.

Funny how we can look at the same things and what we see is so different. I have been on both, and except for the atrium, every other area is just scaled up a bit on the Fantasy. The deck layouts are even almost identical. What you will get with Fantasy is half again as much ship as Holiday and half again as many fellow passengers. If it were me, I would base my choice on those two things. Some days I like Fantasy, and other days I like Holiday. Just depends which one I'm on at the time.:cool:

The Holiday was my first cruise and it left a LOT to be desired. I guess we were disappointed ONLY because there was no atrium and the ship was so small.

Now I did look at the Fantasy and will book on it after it gets water works in Sept. or Oct. of this year.

I would vote for the Fantasy!

I didn't see the Broadway Musical CATS.

I can figure out what Milk Cans & Cat food have to do with Cats, but what role does the beer cans and tires play? :confused:

The show takes place at a garbage dump where the cats live. Each cat comes out and tells their story through song and dance. The whole set is designed to replicate the items you'd find at a dump, such as tires, but in a larger scale based on the size of the humans who are playing the cats.

It's really a great show, and I would love to go on the Fantasy just to see the CATS lounge!

There are a couple on every thread. For whatever reason they can't let something drop and they think negative remarks with scarcasm will make an impression. It usually does, but not the kind the poster hoped to make.

NIta

That's why we have 'Ignore' :)

The show takes place at a garbage dump where the cats live. Each cat comes out and tells their story through song and dance. The whole set is designed to replicate the items you'd find at a dump, such as tires, but in a larger scale based on the size of the humans who are playing the cats.

It's really a great show, and I would love to go on the Fantasy just to see the CATS lounge!

The Cats Lounge was pretty neat to see. One day you will get a chance to see for yourself.

OP just wanted to know which ship we thought was the best for their first cruise. I agree that you should experience the Holiday. We loved that ship and are planning to go again before she is sold. Yes the ship is not new and shiny like her sister ships but she is an experience like no other. A smaller ship with fewer passengers, the decor is somewhat dated but that is part of who she is! The Holiday is "seasoned" but by no means in disrepair. I found the staff to be most accomadating, the staterooms clean and comfortable and had a wonderful trip!

The Fantasy is also a wonderful ship! The next step up if you will from the Holiday. We sailed on her last summer and again had a wonderful experience! She is much larger than the Holiday and much different. The common areas are bigger and brighter. With the bigger ship you of course get more passengers. She goes into drydock this fall and will return to work a month later with a whole new look and some great added features! The Fantasy is also a wonderful ship and would be a great destination for your first cruise! Here is a thought......Start with the Holiday and work your way up thru each class of ship experiencing what each ship has to offer. I am sure that no matter which you choose first you will become addicted like the rest of us! Let me know if you have any specific questions about either ship! Happy Sailing!

Archived