Election night, Round 2

Grumpy1

I see that Host walt has closed the thread about election night and news coverage aboard the ships. He stated "no politics on CruiseCritics boards".

Walt, I could point to many many threads on Cruisecritics boards that are political, but the host of that particular forum has allowed to remain. You also stated that the thread had gone off topic as it was about absentee ballots and voting, not news coverage. NOT TRUE! Quoting the OP

icon1.gifElection Night

:cool: Hi, everyone. I usually ask you questions about food (LOL!), but I have a question on a new topic.

I'm going to be cruising on election day. We will spend the day touring the islands off Loreto, but when we come back on board, will they have TV's on in the lounges, covering the election? Will they have any other news channel beside the "Clinton News Network"? I know that's what we'll have in our cabins, but I would really prefer to see the returns on a more "balanced" station.

I know to serious cruiser's, this may sound trivial, but I'm a political junkie :D and really need to have my election return "fix". Should I just plan on ordering dinner in the cabin? That's Dutch Night (I think), and we were going to dine in the Pinnacle.

Thanks so much for any info!

Janie:o

Where is the reference to absentee balloting and voting? The OP WAS about news coverage. Lighten up a bit, Walt.

Just in case someone is tempted to post and has not read Walt's new Sticky:

No Politics, Please

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, we're in the heat of the political season and many (most) of us have opinions held in varying strengths.

Please, do not add politics into any discussions on the Cruise Critic Message Boards.

All such messages will be removed and the member posting such messages is subject to having his/her posting privileges restricted or removed.

Thank you for your cooperation.

And thank you, Walt.

To Grumpy1 and everyone else:

You cannot see the posts that were removed because they are no longer visible to you. Some were removed rather quickly so in some cases you likely never saw them at all.

This thread has also been closed. If you have an issue with Cruise Critic Message Board policies please use the Alert Function (report.gif) or email me or Laura, our Community Manager at Up4Travel@AOL.com . DO NOT post your issue on the message boards.

Thanks.

Archived