Crown & Anchor status question

JazzieB

Hi

Due to ill health my mum is moving in with my husband and I on a pretty much full time basis, although she is keeping her own house.

My question is: if she changes her Crown & Anchor address to ours does she have the same status as us (she has a different surname) or does she retain her own.

Thanks

Hi

Due to ill health my mum is moving in with my husband and I on a pretty much full time basis, although she is keeping her own house.

My question is: if she changes her Crown & Anchor address to ours does she have the same status as us (she has a different surname) or does she retain her own.

Thanks

Sorry to hear about your Mom's health issues.

To answer your question, her status will remain the same. C&A calculates based upon her cruise history not her address.

Sorry to hear about your Mom's health issues.

To answer your question, her status will remain the same. C&A calculates based upon her cruise history not her address.

not true.

they change all household members status to those of the highest status at your address.

we last discussed this on a recent cruise with a C&A rep. & there have been several threads on this board about it, since it causes a LOT more people to be eligible for the perks.

not true.

they change all household members status to those of the highest status at your address.

we last discussed this on a recent cruise with a C&A rep. & there have been several threads on this board about it, since it causes a LOT more people to be eligible for the perks.

Wow! That's news to me!

A very contentious issues, I would imagine... since, all of a sudden, 50 year old "kids" move back in with their parents, along with great aunt Ethel and second-cousin-twice-removed Billy Bob...

Personally, it would make a lot more sense if those under 18/21 living at the same address and accompanying their parents/grandparents/guardians (whoever it is they are living with) to acquire status... anyone over 21 and/or travelling alone should be able to stand on their own two feet (and status).

Otherwise 95% of the ship is going to find a way to acquire D/D+ by "moving in" with someone....

Interesting though, wonder what RCCL's rationale is...

Boo

A very contentious issues, I would imagine... since, all of a sudden, 50 year old "kids" move back in with their parents, along with great aunt Ethel and second-cousin-twice-removed Billy Bob...

Personally, it would make a lot more sense if those under 18/21 living at the same address and accompanying their parents/grandparents/guardians (whoever it is they are living with) to acquire status... anyone over 21 and/or travelling alone should be able to stand on their own two feet (and status).

Otherwise 95% of the ship is going to find a way to acquire D/D+ by "moving in" with someone....

Interesting though, wonder what RCCL's rationale is...

Boo

If C&A would utilize the highest credit results per the same address, then I wouldn't be fighting for two household credits that got applied to Lord knows where!!! :mad: Please spare the woes of them having a new system and everything did not transfer as I've heard this same ol' tune for over a year. Needless to say, I have printouts going with me on my cruise in 3 weeks and I do plan to camp out at C&A's doorstep while onboard and I'm still foolish enough to hope I leave a satisfied customer, FINALLY :)

Hi

Thanks

If you request your C&A accounts be linked then yes your mum can have the same status as you,if you are higher level than her.:)

We took our DS (now 19 y/o) on his first cruise a little over a year ago as a high school graduation gift. Afterward, he applied to become a C & A member. DH and I are platinum members, but he is gold. We all have the same home address, and we were told he can only have platinum perks if he shares a cabin with us.

We were told that your account can only be linked to one adult... so if you have a spouse that you are already linked to then you are out of luck.

Signed my parents up for C&A after their first cruise, they spend time here and in the UK, but use our address when in the US, when the C&A rep gave me their C&A numbers, she said, oh their lucky, you're diamond so they are as well, sure enough got their Diamond Cards a few weeks later, and they were Diamond on their next cruise:D

Signed my parents up for C&A after their first cruise, they spend time here and in the UK, but use our address when in the US, when the C&A rep gave me their C&A numbers, she said, oh their lucky, you're diamond so they are as well, sure enough got their Diamond Cards a few weeks later, and they were Diamond on their next cruise:D

I'm getting conflicting info on this policy. Just last June I talked to C&A about my daughter who was 21 and has 2 cruise credits. The C&A rep said when we turned Platinum, she would attain our Platinum status. I just talked to C&A last Saturday and now they say she must be under 18 to attain our status. So I don't know if the C&A rep I most recently talked to is in error, or if RCI is changing the policy. This might be similar to how RCI used to allow a "Next Cruise" on board credit and a C&A savings certificate to be used on the same cruise. Since July 31, they are enforcing the "one offer per cruise" limit.

It would be better if they would just make everyone's level based on how many cruises they have personally taken regardless of age. Then just give everyone in a room for a cruise the level of the highest person in that room for one cruise. That way you don't have diamond members going on their first cruise. It's unfair to the people who have spent thousands of dollars to get to a level when others are handed it free. It's easy for someone to move in with a diamond relative get the level and then move out. I can understand the kid comment but that is why the current rule should be changed to apply to a room on one cruise rather than a home address that holds for ever. That way kids going on one cruise with their diamond parents can go everywhere they can but then when he moves out and goes on his second cruise he is only at gold where he belongs and has to build his own credit the right way.

Funny, My wife and I are Diamond and we just got our docs for the Sept. Lioerty cruise. Our kids (8,9) styaing in the same cabin are listed as Gold.:rolleyes:

have the kids cruised before on rccl?

someone mentioned that you had to go on at least one RCCL cruise to be 'linked' to the other family member that is a higher status.

check with the c&a rep onboard .

when I first found out about this (trying to get all our cruises credit for online) the rep had to "link" all of us together in the household, it seems it is not always done automatically.

& I am STILL not properly listed on the rccl site, but have my diamond letter from them !

How long ago was this? My information was from last month.

not true.

I do not believe this is true and this is why. On our last cruise I was diamond for the first time as I had one more cruise under my belt than my husband. My sail and sign card said Diamond while my husband (we both shared the same room, obviously) was still platinum. I received a diamond coupon booklet, my husband received a platinum booklet. Had there been a concierge lounge on that ship I assume he would have been able to come as my guest, but just because I was diamond he did not automatically make diamond.

I'm getting conflicting info on this policy. Just last June I talked to C&A about my daughter who was 21 and has 2 cruise credits. The C&A rep said when we turned Platinum, she would attain our Platinum status. I just talked to C&A last Saturday and now they say she must be under 18 to attain our status. So I don't know if the C&A rep I most recently talked to is in error, or if RCI is changing the policy. This might be similar to how RCI used to allow a "Next Cruise" on board credit and a C&A savings certificate to be used on the same cruise. Since July 31, they are enforcing the "one offer per cruise" limit.
Same thing happened with my daughter (24), she was going on her second cruise and I tried to link her C&A to our household to get her Platinum status. Her address is the same as ours, but they wouldn't allow it.

I do not believe this is true and this is why. On our last cruise I was diamond for the first time as I had one more cruise under my belt than my husband. My sail and sign card said Diamond while my husband (we both shared the same room, obviously) was still platinum. I received a diamond coupon booklet, my husband received a platinum booklet. Had there been a concierge lounge on that ship I assume he would have been able to come as my guest, but just because I was diamond he did not automatically make diamond.

My husband is not Diamond on his own, but does share my Diamond status. It was not automatic. I had to call and ask to have his C&A number linked to mine before it happened. Good luck!

Archived