Higher auto tips in the future?

Krazy Kruizers

...To sustain better than average service, a cruise line needs to be in a position to offer better than average compensation opportunities. If they do not, the best of the best will depart and secure employment elsewhere. Can you blame them?

I for one wouldn't. Good point.

I do not understand the thinking that a service person in entitled to tips. I was always under the impression that tips for for extra service and personal attention. When did it get to the point that it is expected?

How did we get to a place where there is a tip jar placed at 7-11 checkout? Perhaps I am being thick of head but I don't get it.

The crew on a cruise ship work very hard and I have no problem with tipping them.

But I am in full agreement with the 7-11 scenario. I walk in, pour and fix my own coffee or soft drink, get my own items off the shelves, bring them to the register . I am supposed to tip the guy for the above and beyond service of reaching over his head to get me a pack of smokes and ringing me up.

Last I heard that was the job description of cashier :)

Archived