RCCL Brides

Cattie

Hi Girls,

I'm looking for help from previous RCCL brides.

I know some of you have made group reservations for Chops or Portafino's. I currently tried to do this today for my May wedding and was told each person had to make individual reservations. Well doesn't that defeat the whole purpose? What I'm trying to do is make a group reservation with us picking up the tab for the $20 so we can all have a nice dinner after our wedding.

Also I'm being told I can not bring my cake knife set onboard? They're trying to tell me that I can have it as long as it doesn't have ridges.

Our group is directly though RCCL, so I'm dealing with them, not a TA. Can anyone make any recommendations on what I should do. The woman I spoke to had me on hold more then not, so its leaving me to believe she has no clue. Should I just try and call back after the new year and hope for the best? And that I get someone with a little more knowledge?

Thanks all, hope someone can help!!

Hi Girls,

I'm looking for help from previous RCCL brides.

I know some of you have made group reservations for Chops or Portafino's. I currently tried to do this today for my May wedding and was told each person had to make individual reservations. Well doesn't that defeat the whole purpose? What I'm trying to do is make a group reservation with us picking up the tab for the $20 so we can all have a nice dinner after our wedding.

Also I'm being told I can not bring my cake knife set onboard? They're trying to tell me that I can have it as long as it doesn't have ridges.

Our group is directly though RCCL, so I'm dealing with them, not a TA. Can anyone make any recommendations on what I should do. The woman I spoke to had me on hold more then not, so its leaving me to believe she has no clue. Should I just try and call back after the new year and hope for the best? And that I get someone with a little more knowledge?

Thanks all, hope someone can help!!

I am hoping to do this exact thing for my wedding in April. My TA has contacted RCCL's group dept and they told her she needs to call back in November to do this. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that we are able to do this. I know it is possible to do, as I know a few brides who have done it already. So I know it is possible...but I am not sure how to get it done:confused: My guess is that if you call back (perhaps several times) you may finally talk to someone who will arrange this for you. I think we just have to hope to catch the right person at the right time:)

Thats the thing. I KNOW brides have done this. I was trying to tell her that its possible, however she was quite clueless!

Keep me posted on how you make out!! And I'll do the same!

And especially since I just noticed we're both on EoS for our wedding!! I'm not going through TWE/RR are you?

Thats the thing. I KNOW brides have done this. I was trying to tell her that its possible, however she was quite clueless!

Keep me posted on how you make out!! And I'll do the same!

And especially since I just noticed we're both on EoS for our wedding!! I'm not going through TWE/RR are you?

Heck NO! I tried using TWE/RR and they were horrible. I am using a local WC in St. Thomas. I will definitely let you know if I make any progress with this. I am just trying to be patient and wait until closer to the cruise to see if this can be arranged. It may just be an issue that it is still too far away. I would definitely not give up though!

Also, have any recent RCCL Brides brought there cake knife on board with them? I'm hoping to do this, but the same wacko I had on the phone told me I wasn't allowed due to security issues.

I really have no idea, but I don't see how a cake knife would be such a security threat? I can see not allowing guns and explosives:p but a cake knife?? I'd call back and ask someone else. Are you having your cake at your ceremony site, or on the ship? If you really aren't allowed to take it on the ship, and are having your cake on shore, you could always mail it to your WC ahead of time.

We're doing everything shore side except trying to get the dinner reservations. We're getting married at 6pm in Bermuda, so after the ceremony, we're doing a cocktail reception with our toast and cake, then back to the ship for dinner. We originally weren't going to do dinner, but since so many brides where able to make the reservations we decided to. Now I'm getting the run around. Gotta love planning a wedding!! Now just to make it through the next 8 months with my sanity lol!!

Did you search the boards? People have posted on this subject before.

I'm not going to "commit" to anything BUT when my friend was looking at getting married on the Voyager last April her TA told her that it could be done and that they make you have a "set" menu if you do this. You still get choices of what you want to eat/you still get to order off a menu, but the menu isn't as wide as the regular one.

I don't remember why she decided not to book it.

I do remember the TA telling her that the menu wasnt as good as the regular one BUT I (personally) got the distinct impression that the TA just didn't want to bother with making the reservations and that is why he was trying to discourage her.

So, I guess, what I am really saying is that, from what I know, it is do-able.

Are you working with a TA? Sometimes they know the in's & out's better. Otherwise, call back in a few days. If you get a different person you might also get a different answer. (sad to say)

Good luck. If you are able to pull it off, let us know!

As for knives, that is not always in the control of RCCL. Security makes the decision and I can assure you that there are harmless knives (along with toy guns etc.) in our confiscation bin.

Hey Erica!

So....are you going on the Voyager repo in 2009???? :D

Did you search the boards? People have posted on this subject before.

I'm not going to "commit" to anything BUT when my friend was looking at getting married on the Voyager last April her TA told her that it could be done and that they make you have a "set" menu if you do this. You still get choices of what you want to eat/you still get to order off a menu, but the menu isn't as wide as the regular one.

I don't remember why she decided not to book it.

I do remember the TA telling her that the menu wasnt as good as the regular one BUT I (personally) got the distinct impression that the TA just didn't want to bother with making the reservations and that is why he was trying to discourage her.

So, I guess, what I am really saying is that, from what I know, it is do-able.

Are you working with a TA? Sometimes they know the in's & out's better. Otherwise, call back in a few days. If you get a different person you might also get a different answer. (sad to say)

Good luck. If you are able to pull it off, let us know!

No TA. I'm doing everything myself. Apparently I'm some sort of masochist or something. I do have the best mom in the world helping me keep my sanity =) I know brides have made the reservations, and thats what I was trying to tell the woman on the phone. I'm just going to wait a bit then call back and hope I get someone with common sense!!

Thanks for all the help girls! Lets keep each other posted if we hear of anything!!

Hi everyone,

I'm back from my 8.9.08 weding on the EOS and we rented Portofino's for our reception.

Bad news though, I had a TA so I don't think I can give you any more tips. She handled everything for me, through her rep on RCCL.

SAS is right, it was a restricted group menu as well.

I loved doing it though, it was great to have the restaurant to ourselves, even though I fought to have a different menu than their set group menu, and when we got there it was just the regular group menu. No one knew any different though and raved about the food, so no harm done, I didn't want to be upset over something like that on my day and I was past caring haha.

Let me know if you have other questions, I will be posting my full review quite soon, it's really long!

Good luck!

Hi everyone,

I'm back from my 8.9.08 weding on the EOS and we rented Portofino's for our reception.

Bad news though, I had a TA so I don't think I can give you any more tips. She handled everything for me, through her rep on RCCL.

SAS is right, it was a restricted group menu as well.

I loved doing it though, it was great to have the restaurant to ourselves, even though I fought to have a different menu than their set group menu, and when we got there it was just the regular group menu. No one knew any different though and raved about the food, so no harm done, I didn't want to be upset over something like that on my day and I was past caring haha.

Let me know if you have other questions, I will be posting my full review quite soon, it's really long!

Good luck!

It sounds like you reserved the entire restaurant, correct? As in, there were no other passengers dining there other than your guests? I have heard that in order to do this, you must "buy out" the restaurant, which is very expensive. We only have 24 guests, and just want to make group reservations for everyone. We know that everyone won't be able to sit at the same table, we just wanted everyone seated near everyone else. Because we only have 24 guests it wouldn't be worth it for us to buy out the entire restaurant. It will cost a little over $500 to pay for our guests, but I thought someone had told me it costs about $2000 to buy out the restaurant. Was this the case with you? Did you have to buy out the restaurant, or did you just have a group reservation?

We had 60 guests, so we just went ahead and rented out the restaurant. And you're right, they do make you pay to buy it out, so they say their capacity is 100, and they make you pay for it - so $2000. It was worth it for us, but I can definitely understand it wouldn't be worth it for you.

I think I've read of some people being able to make the reservation very close to their sail date, maybe within the month beforehand. I'm not sure though. I would try to speak to someone else, or to a manager.

Congratulations!! I can't wait to see your review and pictures!

Esbie and myself don't have that many sailing so its pretty pointless to spend $2000 and rent the whole place out. I just want a group of tables somewhat close, since we're coming back straight from the wedding and hoping to get our reservations around 9pm. My mom has a royal visa, so we're hoping to use her points for OBC to pay for everything!

Esbie I almost wish we both where sailing on the same cruise and we could split it!!!

did you try doing it online?

Freedom of the Seas® will be the first available ship to pre-reserve specialty restaurants with

full roll out to the rest of the fleet over the next few months.

By pre-reserving your specialty restaurant now, you can relax knowing that you’re all set to

enjoy an unforgettable dining experience once onboard.

Logging in to shop for Specialty Restaurants has several great advantages:

•Shop securely

•Search for Specialty Restaurants by itinerary

•Modify your confirmed Specialty Restaurant reservations

•Access your reservation information

•Reserve a table for all guests in your reservation or another

reservation with the interactive calendar

•Pay for Specialty Restaurant reservations with multiple credit cards

Here is the schedule for roll-out:

Ship/Date Pre-Reservations Begin

Adventure of the Seas (for sailings on or after July 27)

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Brilliance of the Seas (for sailings on or after June 10)

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Enchantment of the Seas (for sailings on or after August 14)

Monday, July 14, 2008

Explorer of the Seas (for sailing on or after July 26)

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Freedom of the Seas (for sailing on or after May 25)

Friday, April 25, 2008

Independence of the Seas (for sailing on or after July 12)

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Jewel of the Seas (for sailing on or after June 27)

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Liberty of the Seas (for sailing on or after July 12)

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Mariner of the Seas (for sailing on or after August 10)

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Navigator of the Seas (for sailing on or after August 10)

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Radiance of the Seas (for sailing on or after June 13)

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Serenade of the Seas (for sailing on or after June 28 )

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Voyager of the Seas (for sailing on or after July 26)

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

When it comes to our ships, one thing is for certain - there's no shortage of delicious dining options. Whether you're looking for a cozy dinner setting or an elegant atmosphere for small groups and couples alike, we have just the thing. If you're in the mood for authentic Italian seafood and an intimate, relaxed evening out, Portofino is the perfect choice. If it's spectacular steak you're in the mood for, check out Chops Grille. And keep an eye out for Mystery Dinner Theater, where you might just get the chance to don a tweed cap and a pipe for a little mystery solving - Sherlock-Holmes-style.

Specialty Restaurants can be reserved online up to 10 days before your sail date. For example, if you are sailing on August 15, 2008, you can make reservations until August 4, 2008. If you're sailing in less than 10 days, you will need to make your reservations onboard.

Advanced reservations are limited to parties of six persons or less in all Specialty Restaurants. Tables cannot be combined or rearranged in order to preserve the intimate atmosphere of the restaurant.

If you require technical assistance with your Specialty Restaurant reservation, please call (800) 398-9819 or click here for our Contact Us information.

no won't work for you guys -- shame, but at least there's the phone number!

did you try doing it online?

Pattycakes-although RCCL's website says online reservations can be made now, they really can't. Even if I go and and try to only make reservations for myself, it still says to check back later. I called RCCL about it, and they said that since the cruise is still far away, you can't book online yet and to check back within 6 months of cruising. They told my TA the same thing when she tried to book our group.

i should've known since i'm not too thrilled with the info on their webiste lately. i ordered a present for my daughter's honeymoon cruise within the time frame stated on the website and they charged me a "late fee" because it was for a European cruise. I told them it was not stated on the website that there were different deadlines for European cruises and they did remove the late fee, but still......that should have been posted. of course i got the "you should've called us" LOL then why have it on your website?:p

i should've known since i'm not too thrilled with the info on their webiste lately. i ordered a present for my daughter's honeymoon cruise within the time frame stated on the website and they charged me a "late fee" because it was for a European cruise. I told them it was not stated on the website that there were different deadlines for European cruises and they did remove the late fee, but still......that should have been posted. of course i got the "you should've called us" LOL then why have it on your website?:p

RCCL is another operation where you get conflicting information and differing stories. That said, they are usually easy to work with in terms of getting to a resolution where both parties are happy.

Archived