Anyone whent turtle & sailboat with princess

FRANCOIS

I am looking to take the st thomas sailboat & snokel adventure from princess cruiseline and that include the turtle and tropical fish snorkling.

Cost is 56$ p p anyone as done it ?

Any suggestion or comments would be appreciate

I will be there Dec 04, 2004

Francois

We have not done it yet but have this excursion reserved for Nov 9th. From what I have found out it sounds like an excellent tour. Here is the web site of the local place that runs it. They were very helpful with the couple e-mail questions I sent them and we can't wait to be there in a couple weeks!!!

http://www.thedancingdolphin.com/

Scott

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Francois.

We are back for the 11/6 Caribbean Princess cruise and did do this excursion. I can't recommend it strongly enough!!!!! As Nike say's "Just Do It"!!!! The catamaran was very nice, the crew was amazing, the snorkeling was great and the drinks were cold, strong and flowing very freely. I have never been more impressed with any excursion.

Scott

Hye Scott,

Glad you enjoy the catamaran, I think I will book it.

Tell me was it shaky on the catamaran? Sea sick?

How was the snorkling?

Wich cruiseline were you with?

Any other experience on the following island?

St Maarten, St Lucia, Antigua, Barbados

I booked Lawrence in Antigua

Cosol tour in St Lucia

Best of BB in Barbados

Any suggestion?

Thank you in advance, I am leaving on Nov 28 2004

Francois

I am pretty sure they have a contract to book only through Princess. They have another boat (the Doubloon) that they use for the other lines. The cat was very smooth. It's a small (60ft) boat so you will feel the waves if there are any but I did not think it was very rocky at all. None of us got sick even a little.

The snorkeling itself was fine. We took the morning tour and the area around Buck Island was not very crowded. There were only a couple other boats around while we were snorkeling. For the fish it was fun having a guide pointing out what fish were what but I don't remember seeing anymore or less or different fish then when we have snorkeled at Princess Cays, Grand Cayman, St. Marteen or Nassau. Still a lot of fun though. What made it a lot of fun was the turtles. We saw only one at first and our guide looked and looked and finally found 2 more. After that it seemed like there was one every place we turned. My 7 year old had one surface for air just a few feet from her. She loved that! The ride home they took it nice and slow which gave us plenty of time to enjoy the scenery and have a number of their wonderful drinks. They were not stingy on the drinks either. Be it soda, beer or the rum punches they made. We were not on the boat more then a couple minutes when they were offering us cans of soda! A little thing but I've been on excursions before when the included drink was a dixie cup of soda or beer. This was nothing like that. What truly made the trip was the crew though. They really seemed to be having a great time doing this and helped make our entire cruise!

In St. Maarten we did the Shipwreck Snorkel Tour. That too was a lot of fun and again we had a great crew. The boat was bigger so it was not quite as personal but they still did a great job. Plenty of free water and lemonade before the snorkeling and plenty of rum punch after (included in the price). We had a lot of fun and would recommend it but the Dolphin was still the best.

Have a great time. Look forward to hearing how you enjoy the tour.

Scott

• 4 weeks later...

Gotta love the auto notify! I haven't been to CC for a few weeks and there was you question in my e-mail when I checked it this morning! :)

We had 23 or 24 people. Right around there anyway. It was VERY uncrowded with that number. I remember them saying that they take up to 60 and my wife remembers them saying that they take up to 40 people. Either way it didn't sound like they sold out all that often. They did meet us right at the the gangway and we walked to the bow of the ship where there was a little dock where many of the excursions pulled in to pick up the tours. Kinda neat place to wait.....with the bow of the ship towering above us. We waited for one other tour to load up and then the Dancing Dolphin pulled in and off we went.

Funny you asked this today. We had a Christmas party last night and our contribution to the party was making the Banana Blenders from the Dolphin. They were a big hit!!!!

Have a blast!!! Feel free to ask here or e-mail any questions. My e-mail is in my profile.

Scott

Archived