Oasis of the Seas Inaugural Cruise 12/12/2009

AdamOfCanaveral

My partner Bob (aka BobsterR) and I have just booked the inaugural cruise of the Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas sailing out of Fort Lauderdale on December 12, 2009.

Right now they are only accepting reservations from Diamond level Crown & Anchor Society members, but it will open for everyone in another week or so.

Since the ship will carry over 5,000 passengers, we hope to find plenty of new gay friends.:)

be prepared for a change of dates. having booked the inaugural of the Solstice......which was for Dec 14th this year...the date switched to the week of Thanks giving.

Concerning Oasis...a ship of this size and complexity could be delayed.

Just be prepared to possibly change your reservation date.

The ship is quite unique....and I am sure it will impress all that sail on her.

For me, I guess I am too much a traditionalist.....merry go rounds? trees, Cabins that look into courtyards.....? will you even know you are on the water?

I think Solstice will be the biigest ship for me.....then back to the smaller ships...to each his own.

Congratulations on your booking! Hope everyone is having a good Labor Day. We are having hurricane shutters installed today. Looks llike we might be just in time for Hanna. Fay was quite enough and we were blessed not to have any flooding or electrical outages. Our thoughts are with those in the path of Gustav. We were on the Grandeur of the Seas during Katrina and Rita in '05. The ship was rocking and rolling and we went further out to sea to skirt the storm. Had to miss a port call but got home safely.

• 10 months later...

Just an FYI Kris, this thread was the original Inagural Oasis cruise thread, but since the inaugural cruise was pushed up to 12-5-09 I am guessing a lot of people (us included) moved up to the new inaugural date 12-5-09.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived