FLL: Switch from HI Express Seaport to Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek?

CoolChile

TA is offering to switch us from FLL's HIE Seaport, near the airport, to Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek, which she says is "downtown" for our TWO NIGHTS pre-cruise in November. She says there is no shuttle to the Sheraton from the airport, maybe a cab is the only option. :confused:

My main question to you though: Am I better to be at the Sheraton Cypress Creeks? Nicer, more central, etc?

Thanks in advance . . . I have to let her know today.

I think you have to check out the areas. Do you want to be closer to the port ?- then HI Express.

Do you want to walk to restaurants, etc ! Call Sheraton and see what is around . HIE has alot.

I never care about shuttle or no shuttle - if you do, the Sheraton would be more paying for a taxi than HIE paying for a taxi.

Do you want more elegance ? I think you know the difference between them.

BTW, Cypress Creek is not considered 'downtown' unless you are a business traveler. A lot of businesses around there.

Good luck whatever you choose, MaryAnn

Wowzo and Bequia, thanks so much. Guess my friend and I WILL stay put at the HIE. Can we "bus" it fairly easily from the HIE Sea/Port to downtown for the one full day we're there? And stay downtown for some good Mexican food for dinner if there IS any. :D Suggestions hugely welcome.;)

You can hop on the 50 cent Sun Trolley that runs past your hotel every 15 minutes. Tell the driver you want to transfer to the Las Olas Boulevard Sun Trolley (that'll take you downtown).

I can't think of any Mexican restaurants to walk to in the downtown area. Jalisco is close, but I wouldn't walk there at night. It gets great reviews for the food but is just a tiny dive. Carlos and Pepe's on SE 17th St. is popular, but it's just average IMO. I love Tipico on E. Sunrise Blvd, near downtown, and they also have Spanish food. People keep telling me to try Poncho's Backyard in Dania, which is not far from where you are staying. There is also a Mexican cafe on the Fort Lauderdale beachfront (A1A) north of Las Olas that looks like a lot of fun if the weather is nice. I haven't tried the food though. They have giant Margaritas and live entertainment.

Archived