P3 Guarantee ?

transatlantic fan

We have just asked to go from a B6 to a P3 stateroom on a Transatlantic next year but this is on a guarantee basis and has not been given a stateroom number as yet.

We have never booked a room and a guarantee basis before, what does this mean? As all the princess grill staterooms are now sold out after us doing this.

We also have the anniversary package on this voyage, not sure if this will make any difference to weather any upgrade will be forthcoming.

Many Thanks

Kevin

We have just asked to go from a B6 to a P3 stateroom on a Transatlantic next year but this is on a guarantee basis and has not been given a stateroom number as yet.

We have never booked a room and a guarantee basis before, what does this mean? As all the princess grill staterooms are now sold out after us doing this.

We also have the anniversary package on this voyage, not sure if this will make any difference to weather any upgrade will be forthcoming.

Many Thanks

Kevin

Hi Kevin. It simply means that you will be give a P3 or better, nearer the voyage, they will look at what is available and allocate all those who have booked a guarantee cabin. You will definately not be given anything lower than a P3. We have a P2 guarantee booked for Jan 09 caribbean sailing. I'm hoping for an upgrade - maybe to a QG but we'll see - I know not to pin any hopes on it!

There doesn't seem to be any patterns to who gets upgraded and why. Some who have many past voyages never get upgraded but first timers sometimes do.

Keep checking back on the cruise personalizer on their website... you should see your cabin allocation pop-up before you travel.

Ok thanks for that,we are doing June 09 to NY in a b3 but coming back in July have gone for a P3.

Did think about a Q6 but cant justify the difference in price.

Thanks again.

Kevin

This will be our first time in P grade. We virtually always go B grade. I agree with you about the Q's they are pricey for not much more it seems. Plus i've read in quite a few places that P-Grill is a bit more relaxed and less stiff than Q-Grill. I cant wait...

It will also be nice not to have to endure the kings court scrum every lunchtime... I seem to always be the one behind the person taking 5 mins to select a lettuce leaf... arrghhhh!! :mad:

This will be our first time in P grade. We virtually always go B grade. I agree with you about the Q's they are pricey for not much more it seems. Plus i've read in quite a few places that P-Grill is a bit more relaxed and less stiff than Q-Grill. I cant wait...

It will also be nice not to have to endure the kings court scrum every lunchtime... I seem to always be the one behind the person taking 5 mins to select a lettuce leaf... arrghhhh!! :mad:

See you are doing the QV 30/08/09.

We are also doing this one.

Archived