RCCL stock

referee

I know this has been brought up before, but, I think I'm having one of those senior moments. What benefit is there to owning RCCL stock(100 shares), and how does one apply for those benefits for an upcoming cruise? thanks

One benefit is that you can get onboard credit OBC for each cruise. the amount varies according to the length of the cruise $50, $100, $200 per cabin.

It is not written in stone that this benefit will always exist--but it has for a number of years. I've take advantage of it perhaps 8-10 times.

The benefits are ownership of the stock, and the bonus benefit is on board credit for owning stock. The OBC varies based on the length of the sailing. I believe from $50 to $250. I know on my 13 day transatlantics I get $200 OBC for a single cabin. It doesn't matter for OBC if you own 100 shares or 1000 same OBC. If you book multiple cabins (ie have kids) then if you own 100 and your spouse owns 100 shares then you can if you book a spouse in each cabin get the OBC on both cabins. Oops, I forgot to say how you get the OBC. I send them an email from the RCI shareholder portion of their website with a cut and paste from my brokerage statement. You should get an email response in 24 hours indicating your OBC.

jc

Buy 100 shares. Get confirmation of it.

Then fax the confirmation to Invester Relations( I think), and you will get a 100.00 on board credit. Keep checking to make sure you got your credit. Then bring a copy of your statement fom your brokerage with you on board if all else fails. I have done this for my last 6 cruises. I only wish I was buying it now, instead of when it was so high!

YOu can call Investor Relations and find out more detail. Or if you are a C&A member call them.

Info is here

http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit#1

I purchased 100 shs at $26.00 and sold a Dec 25 call for $3.80 I get $200 OBC on my coming TA

My downside is I lose money on the stock with OBC factured in if it drops below about $20.00. If the stock is above $25.00 come Dec then someone will be buying it and I will pocket about $2.80 per share plus the $200.00 OBC.

Info is here

http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit#1

I purchased 100 shs at $26.00 and sold a Dec 25 call for $3.80 I get $200 OBC on my coming TA

My downside is I lose money on the stock with OBC factured in if it drops below about $20.00. If the stock is above $25.00 come Dec then someone will be buying it and I will pocket about $2.80 per share plus the $200.00 OBC.

That is a very interesting formula! For most of us, with only $100 OBC, it would be a different story. For those intereste...RCCL closed at $25.83 today.

Archived