Comedian Entertainment - Do you attend the shows?

We just love to be able to relax & laugh while on a cruise. Do you partake of the shows featuring comedians?

We noticed that the ones with risqué humor seemed to have the best attendance! Hmmm... I wonder why that is??? :rolleyes:

79.gifDon't be such an old buzzard... learn to laugh!

Sea Island Lady,

We experienced the same thing with the production shows... they tend to be repetitve if you cruise the same ship.

At least with the comedians they do try to vary the offerings by booking different entertainers.

We like going to the shows - it's something we don't do when we're at home

so it's a nice change. We have seen the same performers on more than 1 cruise and if we notice it before hand we will tend to skip that show.

The shows don't last a long time and if you don't like it you can get up and leave without feeling bad that you blew a wad of cash on a show you didn't like.

Ive only been on one cruise, but i loved the comedian. I really wasnt too keen on attending, thinking that it wouldnt be very risque or up to date (Considering it was on the Zaandam) but the guy was very funny! It was a lot of family humor, but it was funny and some of it hit close to home! He was a lot better than the impressionist-singer-whatever he was!!

That is one of the best things for sure...but...you know what ? I have seen kids there when the should not be. *sigh*

one father in front of us was flicking the ear on his one son to try and stop him from fighting with his little brother.The boy would yell out every time his father flicked his ear and the youngest would yell out every time his brother would poke him etc. We got up and left. I just could not enjoy the show. :(

I enjoyed the comedian the most of all the entertainment on our recent Enchantment cruise. He did a main show one night and an adult show the next night at a later time. Both shows were well attended and hysterical. I agree, wish there were more shows like this onboard, but we do enjoy the other shows too.

Hi All, I remember being on our 1st cruise on the Big Red Boat, And went to a comedian show, Well let me tell you he was the best, All who passed by and looked in he would try and make them come in and if they did, He would pick on them...... If you even tried to leave he would draw the entire crowd to your Attention...... This comedian Knew how to work the crowd, He played instruments, Sang and Was very funny....... I thing if you saw this same act on every ship it would become boring and repetitive...... They need to mix it up these days and need varitey and not the same old act....... With that said, I wish they could bring this type of Comedian back....... Man!!! He had the crowds attention...... Very rare these days.......

We have been fortunate on several cruises to discover a piano bar where the comedians would hang out during their free time.

Since you had to be of legal age to even get in the bar, the piano man + the comedian = a really rocking time for the adults!

Archived