Fort Lauderdale to Miami (South) Beach ??

What is the best & cheapest way to get from Fort Lauderdale to Miami Beach? It's just me & my bf, and he's no help in these kind of situations....
From the airport, I was going to take the Tri-rail train which can take me all the way to Miami Airport for $1.50 (student discount, $3.00 regular fare) From there, I would have to take a cab over to the South Beach area, which is approximately 11 miles, but I do not know how much this would cost. Anyone know about the cab fares? Or maybe if it would be better just to get some kind of van service from ft lauderdale directly to south beach...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

-- Confused--

why would you want to have to drag your luggage to and on and off the train?

im sure there would be some kind ot shuttle service from ftl to a hotel in south beach --may cost a few bucks more but certainly a lot less grief----and the train goes through some areas that i wouldnt want to ride it

LOL I'm from the Bronx, NY (a good area in the BX but I don't have to travel that far to see the ugliness) Im sure I would be used to it! But thank you... I have decided to do the van instead... being that I priced it at $15 each way + tip It'll def cause a lot less stress I'm sure!!

--College student on a budget--Makin sure that I can save as much $$ to use on the cruise instead of the pre-cruise experience-- =)

Hi,
Try to ask Cruise Host Andy, he lives in that area and probably can answer this question. He is mostly on the Celebrity board and he is very helpful. Just make sure and address the question to him so he can catch it easier.
Wes

• 3 weeks later...
I too flew into FLL rather than miami...I was a family of 6, so we needed a van, supplied by the airport taxi service{just go outside and look for yellow}..they charged me $70. to go to the port,where I was staying. From the port of miami to southbeach I think they told me it would be about a $50 taxi ride?{not really sure}..to find out you could call the 1800 holiday inn # for the Bayside Holiday Inn{marina ctr} and ask them what a taxi would cost from Miami to south beach...when you get to south beach be sure to party at mango's...

bob&France

• 4 weeks later...

Archived