What to do in St. Maarten?

Ok...I know that this is all about St. Maarten and my question is really vague, but we are heading there in November and have yet to find something to do. We have a large group coming with us and I would like to know what you did on the island or what you are going to do when you go. Any and all information is appreciated!!!

I would imagine that with a 'large group' you could probably divide your people up into at least three groups:

Beach people

Shopping People

Sightseeing People

Try breaking the 'large group' down a little and you'll be more likely to get suitable suggestions.

gary

Ok...I know that this is all about St. Maarten and my question is really vague, but we are heading there in November and have yet to find something to do. We have a large group coming with us and I would like to know what you did on the island or what you are going to do when you go. Any and all information is appreciated!!!

We always like to head into town as soon as possible, shops usually open between 9 and 10am. Then we shop for a few hours, take our goods back to the ship, maybe grab a quick bite and then head for Orient Beach for some afternoon fun in the sun. The beach is beautiful, they have seadoos, parasailing, banana boats, lots of places to eat and get a drink. You may even see a nudist walking down the beach:p .

• 3 weeks later...
Perhaps my website will help you make some decisions and plans for your visit to St. Maarten.

http://www.carols-cruise-port-itineraries.com.

Great site!!! So, is there a beach within walking distance of the cruise terminal? We were going to book with Bernards and do a tour and then go to Orient. But the pics you posted were great and now I am thinking maybe we should just stay around Phillipsburg and if there is a decent beach there that makes it even better. Thanks!

If you have been to St. M before. There is a beach in downtown Phillipsburgh. It is about 15-20 minute walk from where ship docks.But you can have a day long pass for the water taxi for I think $6. so you are not wasting time. As soon as you get to the downtown Phillipsburg pier you are just foot steps off the ebach where you can rent lawn chairs and buy beverages. When you get tired of doing the beach thing the main shopping is on Front street is right there- Jewelry, Liquor, souveneirs etc.

If you have never been to St. Marteen I would suggest a private tour that would still allow you some free time. You will find recommendations for tour operators on these boards that are highly recommended. Book on own. The cruise lines heard masses of people together for an overpriced tour that costs 2-3 times what you could book on own and you waste your vacation time waiting on inconsiderate people

SUNNY 24/7

I wished I would have had your information 2 years ago before we sailed the Disney Magic on the Eastern route.

I thought my family was going to kill me for making them take the UNDER TWO FLAGS TOUR!

Let me say that tour was very boring.

I thought there was nothing to do at this port.

I have filed your post in my favorites for our Eastern in 2010.

Thank You

Later

My husband and I were there last year. we booked thru the ship and did the Zip Line in the forest. we had a BLAST! it took about 2 hours of continues work, but was so fun! Would do this again if we went to this island. The first time we visited the island we went to orient beach, had to see what the nude beach was like, as posted we didn't feel the need to see that again! They do have beautiful beaches though. This was also the cheapest spot for souvenier beach towels. $4 each. We also used the water taxi $6 each w/ arm band given for transport back/forth to shop.

Archived