Viking referrals

gr8lakes

Hello: Search is down so I thought I would post. We are considering a Viking China River Cruise in November. We were told that if a past passenger refers, we, and the past passengers will receive a shipboard credit. Does anyone know if there is a referral network on this board like those with other cruiselines?

Would appreciate the help.

Yes. Believe it's a $50 credit. I did it, no one got anything. Actually, believe it was the fault of my travel agent, Viking and me not knowing about it. They don't tell you about it. I happened to read about it while perusing one of their catalogs while on their cruise.

Thank you Janp. We actually ended up booking the 16 day Shanghai to Beijing on Nov. 19. It is late in the year, I know, but the prices were unbelievable and they had a sale that was not on the website. When I called in, the costs were even less. We're very excited about the cruise and land portion and hoping the weather will not be too cold.

Since I did not have a referral, I just booked it, but I can call them and see if they still will credit both of us for the referral. If so, we can email each other for the info.

Have you done this itinerary? We are trying to decide if we should fly into Hong Kong for a few days or spend a few extra days in Shanghai before the trip.

Do you or anyone else have a recommendation? Is there enough to do in Shanghai for 3 days before the tours Viking does begin?

Any comments would be much appreciated.

I'd do Hong Kong extension since you will be in Shanghai touring anyways.

Did the Bejing to Shanghai tour early June, would be happy to answer any questions, just email me (dpump@aol.com)

Debbie

I'd do Hong Kong extension since you will be in Shanghai touring anyways.

Did the Bejing to Shanghai tour early June, would be happy to answer any questions, just email me (dpump@aol.com)

Debbie

Gr8Lakes

I was on the same trip in Nov 07. It was warm in Shanghia and Hong Kong.

It did not cool down until we reached Xi'an.

When we were in Beijing the highs were in the low 50's during the day, but NO rain and bright sunshine during the day.

The only person that needed to buy a jacket was one woman that came on the trip with only sandles and a light cotton jacket.

I could have spent a extra day or two in Shanghia. We took the pre-trip to Hong Kong. There really is not much to see in Hong Kong. It is an experience being in the City. We did enjoy the trip, especially the trip to Guilian and the Li River. If time and/or money was a factor, I would just go into Shanghia early.

My strongest recommendation is to arrive 1 or better 2 days before the normal arrival date in Shanghia or take the pre-tour in Hong Kong.

Emily

Archived