4 Days post cruise in Miami...what to do?

bluedolphin45

Miami must-sees & dos  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Miami must-sees & dos

• Airboat ride in the Everglades
    • Visit Key West
    • Tour on the canals
    • Palm Beach

Hi everyone. We will be staying in Miami for 4 days after our late October cruise. Can anyone suggest something cool for us to do while we are there? We'd like to go to the keys...maybe an airboat ride in the everglades. Any other ideas?

Celia & Dave

Rent a car and drive down all the way to Key West, stopping maybe in Isla Morada (Purple Island) on the way to Key West, to have a drink at a TIKI BAR and explore the Keys. You will love the ride. The 7 mile bridge that takes you into Key West is a beautiful sight.

How about some "MUST DO" shopping? We have some really great malls in the area with great stores such as Macy's, Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, etc. (Aventura Mall if you are staying in North Miami, Dadeland Mall or The Falls if you are staying closer to the airport or in the South area of Miami).

Thanks so much. We'll probably stay in or around Coconut Grove the first night, then off to the keys the next day. Any suggestions on good places to stay that aren't too pricey? As for shopping, we'd like to hit on outlet mall and also some place we can get golf paraphenalia at good prices. Do you live in the Miami area? You sound like you know where to go and what to see. Have you heard what are the best Everglade tour companies?

Celia & Dave

I've never been there, but I have learned from these forums that you can do it in a day. Key West is 250 kilometers from Miami, (about 2 1/2 hours), so depending on your stops, you can do it in a day.

Celia & Dave

Yes you can drive fm Miami to Key West and back in a day

expect the average speed to be 40 vice 70+ ... most of the road is two lane.

Find a room and drive down day 1 ... drive back day 2 ..

let's face it, once you get there you R gonna do the Duval Crawl .... If not, you R one of the 1% of Key West visitors that go to just see the scenery.

Thanks so much. We'll probably stay in or around Coconut Grove the first night, then off to the keys the next day. Any suggestions on good places to stay that aren't too pricey? As for shopping, we'd like to hit on outlet mall and also some place we can get golf paraphenalia at good prices. Do you live in the Miami area? You sound like you know where to go and what to see. Have you heard what are the best Everglade tour companies?

Celia & Dave

We would love to hear your opinion re; hotels, and tours, in and around Miami,.... we will be doing the Vancouver.. Panama.. Miami cruise 21/9/09, and hope to spend a few days in Miami before returning to Vancouver Island. Thanks, and I'm sure you'll have a fantastic trip.

Cheers! :)

We would love to hear your opinion re; hotels, and tours, in and around Miami,.... we will be doing the Vancouver.. Panama.. Miami cruise 21/9/09, and hope to spend a few days in Miami before returning to Vancouver Island. Thanks, and I'm sure you'll have a fantastic trip.

Cheers! :)

:cool: Where abouts do you live in Nanaimo? We are in Qualicum Beach. I'm a realtor with Coast Realty.

Celia

:cool: Where abouts do you live in Nanaimo? We are in Qualicum Beach. I'm a realtor with Coast Realty.

Celia

Hi Celia, we live in North Nanaimo, just off Hammond Bay & Rutherford Rd;.... of course we visit Qualicum Beach, many times,.... it's so beautiful!

Hi Celia, we live in North Nanaimo, just off Hammond Bay & Rutherford Rd;.... of course we visit Qualicum Beach, many times,.... it's so beautiful!

Hi Visland -

We should try and meet before the cruise, or e-mail each other. My e-mail is celiamyers@shaw.ca. We are flying out of Victoria on October 17th and staying at the Doubletree that night. This particular cruise ship will be in dry dock for 2 weeks before our cruise, so getting on won't take as long as usual. We plan to be at the ship between 10 & 11 AM. After the cruise we are spending 4 days in Miami before flying home. We're hoping the hurricanes are over by then because we want to spend a couple of days in the Keys. What are your plans?

Silly me...I just realized that you aren't on the same cruise as we are. We're cruising Carnival Liberty October 18 - 25. When and where are you cruising to?

Celia & Dave

:cool: Hi! Don't feel bad , Celia, ... you had good intentions...... We will be sailing on the Norwegian Pearl Sept; 21st. 09. Vanc; to L.A., then, the same ship, ( which is listed as a different cruise ?) ... L.A. to Miami, Sept; 26th. 09 , to Oct 10th, 09 ....... Still a long way off!

Hope you have a really wonderful cruise, with smooth sailing, all the way.

cheers :)

Archived