Best Sources for Cruise Deals - non DCL cruise

itutorfortravel

we currently have a dcl cruise booked for next year...i have done so much reading and research on dcl that i feel i could write a book!

however, just wondering if we decide to switch to another cruise line (like rccl or princess) where can i find the best deals - discounts / OBC's, etc?

thanks!

It really depends on how much a Disney cruise means to your children and (possibly) their ages. We lived in Orlando until my son was 8, had Disney passes and took many cruises but not Disney. A Disney cruise was my son's dream. When he was 12 we flew back to Florida and took a Disney cruise which he still talks about. Yes, it was a bit more but the private island is lovely and since we don't gamble and drink little, we adults also enjoyed the trip. We won't do it again (because of the ports) but if it is a dream for anyone in your family, go ahead and enjoy.

In my opinion, the 10 and under probably enjoy it the most and girls more than boys (it was all princessess when we were aboard), the teens can't pretend to enjoy Disney any more and most of us adults love the adult only areas. I must say a nice feature was the drink dispensing machines on the pool deck - no soda cards on Disney - just fill you cup.

RCCL isn't like Disney in that you can't get a discount by going through a certain TA over another.

With RCCL, the price at www.rccl.com is the price you get everywhere.

There are two places that RCCL does discount their sailings....bookmark these sites because they are changed often.

Promowave...

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/promowave/RCL.pdf

And every Tuesday - this is updated...

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/RCI_Sales_Event/rci_sales_event.pdf

Sorry I know nothing about Princess so someone else will have to help you on that. :)

OK, I gave you the argument to go ahead and take the Disney cruise but what you asked for was discount cruise info - go the your local library and ask for books on cruises -there are a number and most of them will list a number of resources for finding the best prices. In fact, that is where I found out about cruise critic.

I must admit our best deals have been found in the travel section of major newspapers. They will often include airfare and a night or two in a hotel pre-cruise. If you live in a state with ports you can drive to, they often have Florida resident specials, California resident specials, etc. which you will find via a travel agent or newspaper.

Thanks! I checked out those sites and bookmarked them too :) At first glance it didn't look like any of the dates would work for us, but I need to take a closer look later. And of course check back often...

RCCL isn't like Disney in that you can't get a discount by going through a certain TA over another.

With RCCL, the price at www.rccl.com is the price you get everywhere.

There are two places that RCCL does discount their sailings....bookmark these sites because they are changed often.

Promowave...

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/promowave/RCL.pdf

And every Tuesday - this is updated...

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/RCI_Sales_Event/rci_sales_event.pdf

Sorry I know nothing about Princess so someone else will have to help you on that. :)

we use a cruise competing website such as cruise compete. It wont let me post the name. You plug in ship, dates cabin type etc. and many travel agencies compete for your business. You choose the one that has the lowest price. You can use it for CCL, RCCL, NCL, Princess but not Disney. We have saved tons, even over what the cruiseline directly quoted us.

If you google "cruise bargains", you will find several dozen discount internet travel agencies. That's what we do--and at this point I don't think we've ever used the same agency twice. We go to whomever has the deal!

CeleBrat

Archived