Conquest- Rocky Horror Picture Show

Rockportgirl

I've never seen this show and have always wanted to... I was really excited to hear that they have it on the Conquest. Can anyone tell me a little about it? Would it be appropriate for a 16 year old, or ir there a minimum age? Is there a lot of audience participation?

Thanks in advance.

I've never seen this show and have always wanted to... I was really excited to hear that they have it on the Conquest. Can anyone tell me a little about it? Would it be appropriate for a 16 year old, or ir there a minimum age? Is there a lot of audience participation?

Thanks in advance.

Depends on the maturity of your 16 year old. It is very sexual in nature. I think I was 19 or 20 when I first saw it. It was a lot of fun to go back then.

honestly if you don't know all the jokes and pranks to do at the appropriate time you will not get out of it very much. Put it this way, this is not a movie to go to if you want to sit and eat your popcorn. I am not sure where, but I am sure there are websites to study up on the film and figure where and when to "throw" in your parts.

I never saw the film on a cruise ship but I saw it many mnay mnay times at midnight showings at local theaters.

The film itself isn't all that bad. the crazy stuff comes from the audience and all their remarks to the film lines and their actions.

I seriusly doubt that the cruise line will let it get as crazy as it does in the theaters

Lets do the time warp and listen to no neck talk. I think I still have my water guns from the last time I saw the movie.

See, I really want to experience it. Guess I'll see what I can find online so I don't look like a complete moron during... :D

I never saw the film on a cruise ship but I saw it many mnay mnay times at midnight showings at local theaters.

The film itself isn't all that bad. the crazy stuff comes from the audience and all their remarks to the film lines and their actions.

I seriusly doubt that the cruise line will let it get as crazy as it does in the theaters

On my next cruise there is a large group of Goths and Vampires going. They are having a private showing of the Rocky Horror Show. I wish I could see it with them, I am sure it would bring back fun memories. We would see it in my home town and sometimes would drive to Berkley California to see it. Berkley was always wild:eek: :D .

See, I really want to experience it. Guess I'll see what I can find online so I don't look like a complete moron during... :D

Off hand you will need

water pistoils

newspaper

toilet paper

hamburgers ....if you really want to get crazy *LOL*

I think the remarks people shout at the screen vary from place to place. But you'll get the general jist of it *LOL*

You will be sitting next to a guy in women's lingerie with silk stockings and garters , and a 300 lb girl in a French Maids outifit.

You are gonna have to do something pretty beyond the pale to look like a moron in that crowd *LOL*

The last time I saw it was at a small college that the drama class performed the play for Halloween night, that was better then the movie imo. The movie is a blast if there are several people that are taken part of the activities and it is always a blast to see how people dress up for the roles they are going to play during the movie.

Thanks in advance.

You would be considered a "virgin" since you have never seen this film. I am not sure how they do it on the ships but in a theater you would be de-virginized in front of everybody. The ritual varies from location to location, for instance me and another guy had to eat a twizzler end to end (think lady and the tramp).

You should go, you will have a blast.

You will be sitting next to a guy in women's lingerie with silk stockings and garters , and a 300 lb girl in a French Maids outifit.

You are gonna have to do something pretty beyond the pale to look like a moron in that crowd *LOL*

LOL! Good to know... :p

You would be considered a "virgin" since you have never seen this film. I am not sure how they do it on the ships but in a theater you would be de-virginized in front of everybody. The ritual varies from location to location, for instance me and another guy had to eat a twizzler end to end (think lady and the tramp).

You should go, you will have a blast.

:eek: I don't know if DH would like that too much!

Of course, he would be a virgin too...

Why don't you just rent the movie to see if you like it. If you do then by all means go to the show. Its really great!

I'm kinda thinking I'd like to be surprised...

We will definitely go. I was mainly curious whether we should take our son or not. I think it'll be mom and dad alone time, for sure. :)

Why don't you just rent the movie to see if you like it. If you do then by all means go to the show. Its really great!

Watching it without the audience is no fun. It is the audience that makes this a fantastic show. D*mit Janet!!

You can look forward to the anti-----ci PA tion... Love the way Tim Curry said that. OMG, what a fun experience.

Don't forget RICE, too...

And I agree with everyone else. Go and sit with all the people dressed up and shouting at the screen. Toss rice, cover your head with the newspaper, and just love it for the sake of the experience having seen it.

The movie itself has virtually NO plot.

Oh yeah, and enjoy the way the movie starts with the big red lips and stuff. LOL!!!

What *I* wonder is if Susan Sarandon lists this movie on her resume still....

You can look forward to the anti-----ci PA tion... Love the way Tim Curry said that. OMG, what a fun experience.

Don't forget RICE, too...

And I agree with everyone else. Go and sit with all the people dressed up and shouting at the screen. Toss rice, cover your head with the newspaper, and just love it for the sake of the experience having seen it.

The movie itself has virtually NO plot.

Oh yeah, and enjoy the way the movie starts with the big red lips and stuff. LOL!!!

What *I* wonder is if Susan Sarandon lists this movie on her resume still....

She does and we saw Meatloaf at his story telling concert. He talked about the show with praise. Tim Curray was in Spamalot when we saw it and I had to giggle at myself about the two different roles he played.

We saw it on the Glory in 2006. Lots of Virgins. They gave out a "cheat sheet" with audience replies and bullet points to hit. No rice, toast or water. We did not know about it untill we saw it on the last days capers. It was also at midnight. Well worth a look.

Archived