Two Quick questions?

burnsie

I noticed in small writing somewhere that the fuel charge is for North American residents only?

Also, the Europeans are allowed to sign for their 19 yr old to drink but we aren't? Not that she will drink alot but she did enjoy having a glass of wine with her Grandmother on Carnival at dinner. Has anyone ever asked once on board o be able to sign?

Thanks!

Burnsie

I noticed in small writing somewhere that the fuel charge is for North American residents only?

Also, the Europeans are allowed to sign for their 19 yr old to drink but we aren't? Not that she will drink alot but she did enjoy having a glass of wine with her Grandmother on Carnival at dinner. Has anyone ever asked once on board o be able to sign?

Thanks!

Burnsie

I believe Europeans also have a fuel surchagre, but have slightly different terms/amounts.

As for the waiver, I think it applies to ships in European waters, not Europeans on the ships. If a ship leaves from a U.S. or Canadian port (including San Juan) nobody under 21 is permitted to drink. If the ship is cruising in Europe, parents can sign a waiver for people (either 19-20 or 18-20 - I am not sure) to drink alcohol (regardless if the parents/child are U.S. Citizens, Europeans or anything else).

If you child is 18-20, they might be able to drink while off the ship at some of the ports the ship visits.

Thanks!

Burnsie

Fuel surcharge has nothing to do with where you are from. It is determined by where and under which terms and conditions you book.

I.E. I´m from Germany and if I book in Germany I do this under different conditions and terms like in the US. It has to do with local laws. I still pay a fuel surcharge, but RCCL has set amounts for each currency just like they have different pricing structure for different curencies.

If I book with a US TA I pay the US fuel surcharge and I´m under the US booking terms and conditions.

As Gonzo said the beverage waiver is only valid on European & Southamerican Sailings.

Here´s the wording

Effective as of all sailings commencing on or after July 28, 2006, the minimum drinking age for all alcoholic beverages on all Royal Caribbean International ships is 21.

On cruises departing from European and South American countries, where the legal drinking age is typically lower than 21, a parent who is sailing with his or her son(s) and/or daughter(s) who is between the ages of 18 to 20, may sign a waiver allowing the 18 to 20 year old to consume alcoholic beverages. Please note: Waivers will be provided to parents upon check-in.

The 18- to 20 year-old must agree to comply with Royal Caribbean's policies, including among other things, agreeing to not provide alcoholic beverages to any other person, regardless of age. Restrictions apply, and this policy is subject to change without notice.

Again your nationality or residency has nothing to do with it, it´s a matter of where the ship sails.

Archived