carnival sea miles master card

Degreasy

As many people have, I ran up my credit card to get through tough times then needed to go to money management to help me get my credit card rates reduced and put on a payment plan. Of my 3 cards 2 card companies were very helpful and reduced my interest and monthly payment in 2 weeks. The 3rd company Barclay’s carnival sea miles master card has been brutal to my family and me. For the past 3 months they have called my home [one week 60 times] continually to get payment. I explained to them I was in debt management and even had a 3 way call with Barclays and the money management company to explain what’s going on and Barclays has refused to help out.

So if you have a Barclay’s carnival sea miles master card I would implore you to GET RID OF IT. You need a Discover card or an AARP MasterCard.[better no credit card at all]

The sea miles are not worth the pain these people are putting me through.

And if you don’t think what happened to me might not happen to you think hard.

Sounds like Capital One. I too had trouble when my husband lost his job. I was a month behind and received 36 calls in one day from them. Literally, every 15 minutes. We paid that card off and never again! Sorry to hear about your troubles with the Barclays. Hope things get better soon.

As many people have, I ran up my credit card to get through tough times then needed to go to money management to help me get my credit card rates reduced and put on a payment plan. Of my 3 cards 2 card companies were very helpful and reduced my interest and monthly payment in 2 weeks. The 3rd company Barclay’s carnival sea miles master card has been brutal to my family and me. For the past 3 months they have called my home [one week 60 times] continually to get payment. I explained to them I was in debt management and even had a 3 way call with Barclays and the money management company to explain what’s going on and Barclays has refused to help out.

So if you have a Barclay’s carnival sea miles master card I would implore you to GET RID OF IT. You need a Discover card or an AARP MasterCard.[better no credit card at all]

Do as I did several years ago with a credit card co. I was behind (thanks to my stupid x-husband) They would call me several times a day asking for a payment. I would make a payment one day and the very next day they would start the calls again. I finally got sick of it and told them a date that I would make a payment and I asked them to put it in the system and stop calling me. They did put it in the system but the calls continued. I finally asked for a supervisor and I told them what was going on. I then told them that I had caller ID and had proof of how many times a day they were calling me and I had talked to my attorney about it and if it did not stop I would sue the company for telephone harrasement. The calls stopped and as long as I would make the scheduled payment they did not call me. I don't even know if I could have sued them but it worked.

I just want to say thanks to you for posting your experience with the card. I got the offer in the mail last week, and was going to apply for the card, thinking it might help me get my next cruise(s) faster, but I came by here today just to see if anyone had anything to say about whether or not it was worth it! Someone up there is looking out for me!

I have had the Barclays Sea Miles credit card for almost 5 years now and I have never had bad customer service. Anytime I talk to them whether is to see what my balance is to pay it off ahead of time or to let them know I am going out of town and to expect some different charges,they have always been pleasant and courtous. Sorry you got a bad customer service rep.

I too have this card and have had nothing but great customer service but honestly as for rewards, this is the worst card. I wish I would never have gotten it. Though now its at 0 and just sitting there with all these points to use for a cruise and its not worth it since I book with TA's and I would have to use their specific TA.

Good luck and sorry about your experience!

I had the SeaMiles Card for a couple years now and have cut it up, cancelled my account and told them never to send me info.

Of all the time I had the account, I paid much more than was due. The problem was that they would send a reminder to pay the bill (electronically) 10 days before the due date. Well, a couple times I missed the due date by a day (my fault) and they jacked my interest rate to 29%. I called them and they did not care and told me I had to pay on-time for 6 months before I could get it lowered. I did that and got it back to 23%! Whoo Hoo! Times were slow and I could not pay it in full at the time.

Well times got better and I paid it off! I no longer charge "anything"!

Believe it or not, that part is not what really angered me! I had almost 40,000 points and had not been able to use them! They never applied to any cruise that I picked except for 1 and the points would only give me $125 toward the Presidential Suite. If I could afford that suite I really wouldn't need the $125.

Real long story short, I was stupid for falling for the cruise points, stupid for missing a couple payments by a day but smart for cutting it up! I am now a free man! No high interest rates! Plan and pay the cruise in CASH! Use a DEBIT CARD for the cruise on a special VACATION account! Makes it so nice to go away and come back to NO bills!:D

We also went through this with Sea Miles - we had enough points to get a free cruise for us both on NCL Spirit, but we still paid taxes, port charges, and the kids' tickets. In the end, we determined we received less than a .75% return on our purchases - I think it might have been closer to .65% - you're much better off with a card that offers cash back, or even gift cards, as long as you're getting at least 1% back. The old Carnival credit card was amazing - we racked up $2000 in savings ever year and LOVED THAT - also we could book through Carnival instead of through an agency which jacks up the prices before applying the discounts.

I have a Royal Caribbean Bank of America card. In 8 months, I ran up enough charges to get a $250 on board credit and I never paid a dime in interest. I am not cashing in any points until I have a free cruise. If I'm paying for the cruise, I would rather go on Carnival.

I see where the people are coming from who have great costumer service but go ahead and miss a payment or rack up your card because of job loss or sickness and see how you are treated. My discover card and AARP master card where very helpful and respectful towards my situation but sea miles has been God-awful.

I can understand where you are coming from but I can also see where they are coming from. They have to deal with people who thought that because they still had credit they still had cash and could spend as they wanted. Not saying this is what you did just pointing out there are alot of people who lived well above their means and when things got bad didn't have the money to pay back their bills. So they have to hammer the people to get their money back. It is their right to try and get there money back how ever possible from baggering to sending the bill to collections. It also wouldn't be so bad if there weren't so many people who lived above their means and cause the house buble to pop causing even more people to come up short of their bills

I never give out my real telephone number on any credit applications or anything. Since I have only a cell phone I only give my number to a few people.

I have an office in my home, and I give everyone my fax number. It forces them to put their words in writing, and that promotes civility, at least.;)

If they are really calling you that often they are in violation of the FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act). If they speak with you, even if you tell them to eff off and that you will pay when pigs fly, by law are not to call you back for another 7 days.

This sounds like harassment of the worst kind. Next time they call let them know they are in violation of the FDCPA and that you are keeping logs of every call made.

Sounds like Capital One. I too had trouble when my husband lost his job. I was a month behind and received 36 calls in one day from them. Literally, every 15 minutes. We paid that card off and never again! Sorry to hear about your troubles with the Barclays. Hope things get better soon.

This practice is against the law. It is called harrassment. I bet if your attorney wrote them a letter or called them they wouldn't call you every 15 minutes.

I too have this card and have had nothing but great customer service but honestly as for rewards, this is the worst card. I wish I would never have gotten it. Though now its at 0 and just sitting there with all these points to use for a cruise and its not worth it since I book with TA's and I would have to use their specific TA.

Good luck and sorry about your experience!

I can relate! I had the card for a couple of years and accumulated more than 50,000 points. After I attempted to redeem my points, I discovered that their TA was quoting me a higher rate than several other on line TA's. Then, after booking directly with Carnival with the intent of transferring the booking in order to access my points, I was then told that they could not honor Carnival's price because it included a military discount. Turns out, they won't honor ANY discount, past guest, senior, etc. Like you, I stopped using the card and after about a year, I received notice that the card was canceled due to inactivity. The bottom line is that there are lots of cards out there that offer similar rewards, with fewer points required and you don't have to use their TA. Better still, get a card that gives rewards in CASH.

I have a citi card with 'Thank you network" rewards system. I get 1 point for most things, and double and triple points for other things (gas, etc).

The nice thing, 10,000 points equals a $100 gift certificate to Carnival or Royal Caribbean. That works out to %1 on normal purchases, and 2-3% on special purchases.

Archived