alaskan cruise with pearl 09,are there really pullman's in the balcony stateroom?

sillysoup

Hi,

We booked the Pearl for 8/23/09,a balcony stateroomon the 9th floor room 9084. The book from the travel agent shows that it sleeps 4. The NCL websites diagram shows 3.I called NCL and they said on their end it shows 4. Supposignly there is 2 twins,a pullout couch and a "Pullman"? I must know if there really is a pullman or I will change rooms. We have 2 teens that cannot share a double without driving us nuts! Someone please reassure us that there is really enough beds for 4 people.

Thank you

We were on the Pearl in July 08, room 9016 a balcony, we had made up for us a queen size bed and there was a small sofa next to the balcony which I presume made out to a small double bed, not sure what a pullman is (is is like suspended from the wall?) if so there was nothing of that sort in our cabin. There were just 2 of us in our balcony and I would never consider anymore, that is just my opinion!

Hi,

We booked the Pearl for 8/23/09,a balcony stateroomon the 9th floor room 9084. The book from the travel agent shows that it sleeps 4. The NCL websites diagram shows 3.I called NCL and they said on their end it shows 4. Supposignly there is 2 twins,a pullout couch and a "Pullman"? I must know if there really is a pullman or I will change rooms. We have 2 teens that cannot share a double without driving us nuts! Someone please reassure us that there is really enough beds for 4 people.

Thank you

Being a mom of 4 adults and having cruised NCL in different cabins..from inside, mini suite and owners suite I must tell you that in my opinion 4 ppl in a balcony cabin will be tighter than a pack of sardines and I would recommend to you to get either 2 insides or one balcony and 1 inside. You will kill the kids if you are all in one balcony! Or....they will toss you overboard....it's gonna be that tight! :eek:

Just my Opinion :cool:

Others may have different thoughts.

Happy Cruise :)

Hi,

Thank you

It depends which room it is but yes, some balconies do sleep 4. My cabin on the Pearl #10668 does sleep 4. It has the double bed and a pullam that comes out of the ceiling. Just look at the deck plans and you'll be able to tell by the symbol. I believe the plus sign means it sleeps 4.

We have a balcony cabin booked on Deck 10 on the Norwegian Jade which accommodates 4. I believe it has a double bed, a sofa bed and a pullman which comes out from the ceiling. We have 2 girls aged 12 and 15, and all managed quite happily in a balcony cabin last year -no problem at all. Hope you will do the same - enjoy!:) :)

We had a 4 person inside on the Star and it had one bed on the wall and one bed underneath mine. (it pulled out which would have occupied the floor space between the two twins) So there were 3 beds on one wall! It would have been terrible if there had been 4 in there (like originally planed) but just 3. (no walking room!) We're used to CCL's Quad rooms so was suprised to find the 4th bed on the floor. It would have been nice for a family with a small child afraid to falling out of bunkbed, though.

Archived