Carnival Valor review????

Where did the post go written by Samantha070680? She wrote about her wedding aboard the Carnival Valor. I had so many questions for her since I am getting married on the same ship in a couple of months. Come back!!:eek: lol

Hi Luv2Teach9, it was me who was recently married on the Valor (western itinerary). My wedding was amazing and I'll be more than happy to share my experience with you (and email you photos of my wedding) as well. :)

Where was you reception again? How did it look?

Your flowers, I liked the same ones. lucy sent me pictures of the bridesmaid bouquet what did your bouquet, boutonnieres and corsages look like?

Did you get a video? Who was your photographer?

I know there was more but I forgot as well. It kinda late.

Thanks again. I know I have more questions lol :D

Where was you reception again? How did it look?

Your flowers, I liked the same ones. lucy sent me pictures of the bridesmaid bouquet what did your bouquet, boutonnieres and corsages look like?

Did you get a video? Who was your photographer?

I know there was more but I forgot as well. It kinda late.

Thanks again. I know I have more questions lol :D

Our reception was in the disco (One Small Step disco). It's a very nice room with a huge dance floor. The colors weren't too gaudy at all. Carnival did an amazing job with the buffet set up. The food and service was outstanding. It was replenished the entire hour and a half. They even has sushi!!! My guests commented on how great the food and service was the entire time. To be honest, I barely got to eat anything but I ate later (early dinner) so it was ok. Plus I had eaten a good breakfast that am in case I didn't have time to eat at the reception (good thing I did that).;)

The flowers that came with my package (deluxe romance) were 8 white/ivory roses in a holder (round shape). They were nice, but I paid extra and bought a bouquet of tropical flowers and the matching boutoneirre for my husband (which he though was unique). I used those tropical flowers for the cake table (decor) at the reception and then for photos around the ship outside on deck after the reception. I didn't want the white on white in the photos and sure enough, my tropical flowers made a world of a difference in the photos we took after the reception (on deck, etc.). Everyone complimented me on my bouquet. Lucy sent me a photo of the actual bouquet prior to the wedding and I fell in love with it the minute I saw it.

Our photographer was Prahbu. He was Indian (I believe) but adorable. He said we were both very easy to photograph. ;)

We purchased a videographer thru Carnival, it was the bigger package that included baby photos and music. Our videographer was Matt. He was really cool and down to earth. He was American, believe it or not, from PA I think... The video really exceeded our expectations. We saw it the day before the last day of the cruise in our cabin and have watched it about 10 times since we got back. :) Some of our family in NY weren't able to make it to the wedding, but when we got back, we had a little get together for those who couldn't attend so they could see the video. They were all in awe at how great it actually was.:)

Any other questions come up, just ask. :)

Did you stay at a hotel in the Port of Miami area before the wedding?

Please send or post pics when you are able to. :p

Thanks again for your time and information!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We came in the day before the wedding and I stayed at the Mandarin Oriental hotel on Brickell with my mom (MOH). My husband stayed at another hotel with his brother. We didn't want to see each other the day of the wedding until the ceremony. :D

We were married in May in St Thomas but onboard the Valor. We have notthing but amazing things to say about our wedding co-ordinator and her staff. She came to us each dinner with any questions, comments and an exact plan for the Wedding day.

We had the ceremony in the Capital Room (By Winstons Cigar Lounge) and was the perfect size. The lighting was a little dim for guests pictures with the chandelier but the professional shots were fine. WE moved up to the Lindy Hop piano bar for the 2 hour reception and the food was fantastic. We wanted a little more intimate feel and not have our names on each TV, so there was a piano player in the background who played softly during any speeches etc.

Our photographer Mary Grace was amazing. We were travelling with 30 people from both sides of the family, she accomodated each one of our requests of group shots about 18 of them in the atrium bar before taking the two of us off to different locals throughout the ship. Everything turned out amazing.

Enjoy it, but dont sweat the small stuff:)

Archived