Water aboard??

This sounds new. There was always only an "issue" with alcoholic beverages (although where there is a will there is a way). We carried a case of custom labeled bottled water onboard in welcome bags (on Princess) in April without any question.

I would have your TA explain the custom labels and that it is for wedding favors. They may be willing to give you some type of "approval letter" to use at security if someone gives you a hard time.

I would ask this question on the main carnival boards to get more feedback. and maybe the family boards as well.

We always sail with RCCL and I always slap a luggage tag on a flat of water and have it brought to the room, no problems ever.

IF they ever questioned me, I was going to point to my baby (now toddler) and simply say that I was uneasy about using the ships water for his formula and drinking needs. I figured that would probably be a good enough reason (they don't tend to argue when it comes to the needs of children) Will you, perhaps, be traveling with children? Maybe someone in your party will? You can always prepare to use this line of reasoning.

We didn't do souvenir water bottles for our guests, so I don't know how complicated they are. BUT, if this is something that you can label once you are on board (i.e. keep the original flat of water intact) you may have better luck at no one taking a second glance.

My other suggestion would be to pull the bottles out of the flat as carefully as possible, label them and put the back in the flat - to keep the flat of water "intact looking". Then wrap some clear packing tape around it to make it look as if you are reinforcing it for packing purposes. basically, you want it to look as normal and "just store bought" as possible so that security will just see it as a "flat of water" and ignore it.

Lastly, if it's not too much if a pain, and the labels are not too expensive, I encourage you to try. the worst that can happen is they say you have to leave it behind.

My spidey sense, however, is telling me that this really wont be an issue, and that you should go for it..

I asked my TA about bring bottled water on board (based on the other thread), she asked Carnival and it was not allowed. Has anyone recently sailed and brought along water. Is this a new thing?:confused:

My husband and I have sailed on Carnival about 12 times. Everytime we sail, we put bottled water and a few sodas in the luggage we check in. We even bring hard liquor (also wine & champagne) with us (and wrap it in towels and then place it in the middle of our suitcase) and it ALWAYS makes it to our cabin. :)

My experience is if you CARRY ON any of these things, it will be confiscated.

Archived